There is no mountain that I can't climb
For you I'd swim through the rivers of time
As you go your way and I go mine
A light will shine
And it will be me

It will be me
It will be me."

I finished the song, knowing I was probably going to get slammed for such fluffy lyrics. But instead, Mal pulled me closer to her and rested her chin on my shoulder. "That was beautiful, Fred."

"Thanks," I said.

There was a few moments of silence before Mal said, "You know, there is something about you that I can never understand."

I looked up at her. "What?"

"How can the literal ugliest person on the isle have someone as beautiful as you for a kid?"

I immediately blushed, shaking my head at her compliment. "I ask myself that same question every day."

Mal laughed softly, and I couldn't hide my smile. I had never seen her like this before. Maybe it was living in Auradon and not having to worry about our overbearing mothers, or maybe it was that she'd finally admitted her feelings to me, or maybe even both. But whatever it was, she seemed genuinely happier than she had been when we first arrived, and I really liked it.

I looked at her, my smile fading as she leaned her head towards me. I felt my heart start to pound, my eyes flitting from her eyes to her lips. This was really happening again, just like in the library. Except this time, it was real. And I wasn't scared.

"Heyooo!! We're back!" came Evie's voice.

"And we bringeth food we jacked from the kitchen!" Jay called.

Mal and I laughed softly, shaking our heads as we both leaned back. Our friends had impeccable timing.

I tried to get up before they saw us together, but Mal tightened her grip on me, saying through our link, Don't be scared. There's no shame in what we have.

I looked up at her and nodded, relaxing again as Evie, Jay, and Carlos walked in. They all stopped in their tracks when they saw us together, staring at us in shock.

That is, until a grin spread across Carlos's face, and he shouted happily, "I knew it!"

I let out a surprised laugh. "What?"

"I knew you two would wind up together!" Carlos said. Looking at Evie, he said, "Didn't I say that?"

Evie sighed. "Several times, actually."

Carlos turned to Jay with a smug smile. "You owe me ten dollars."

"Wait, you guys bet on us?" Mal asked.

"Yeah," Carlos said. "Jay thought that you'd wait until after the coronation to start dating. But I said you two liked each other too much to wait."

Turning to Jay, Carlos held out his hand and cleared his throat. Jay grumbled to himself, fishing ten dollars out of his pocket and handing them to him.

Mal and I laughed, and Evie sat down on her bed with a smile.

"But seriously, we're really happy for you guys," Evie said. "What you two have is really special. Try not to lose it."