Part 33

Your POV

After resting and having Taehyung as my personal nurse for a day, I was feeling as light as a feather already, so I roamed the castle aimlessly. Plus, my body was stiff after days of lying in bed, doing nothing, and it was dying to move and function normally again.

Every step I took, my legs were twitching and pounding with pressure.

"Boy, I should exercise," I sighed to myself. Crunching sounds were coming one after the other from my every movement.

Even a newborn lamb would be better at walking than me right now.

While trudging through the hallways, I was reminded of yesterday.

I didn't even know that Taehyung had such maternal skills. He was acting as if I was his baby.

A very helpless baby.

He was feeding me, watching me with endearing eyes, with his stupid smile plastered on his face all the time, asking me what I wanted every minute, fixing my pillow every now and then, and making me laugh once in a while. That was actually painful as my stitches were still healing.

I giggled remembering him being really adorable around me.

I was euphoric.

"That's creepy, Y/N."

I jumped surprised.

"What the-" I looked back. "Joon! Stop scaring me like that! I'm in pain here!"

He coughed out a laugh. "Sorry, sorry. You just looked creepy laughing by yourself in the middle of the hallway."

I held my chest offended. "Me? Creepy? Never! I should have looked lovely giggling cutely."

He held my shoulders and helped me walk to the nearest room which happened to be the dining room.

"Whatever. Why were you giggling though."

He gently placed me on the chair and sat down next to me.

I blushed, looking away. "I was... thinking about Taehyung..."

"Oh," he wiggled his eyebrows, giving me a creepy look.

I looked at him disgusted. "What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? When is the wedding?"

I widened my eyes and moved backwards. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. There isn't any wedding happening soon. He didn't even propose to me."

"What?" He frowned. "Didn't you become his fiancée before you came back? What do you mean he didn't propose?"

A sudden realization dawned upon me. "Oh."

He raised his eyebrows, questioning me.

I cleared my throat and fixed my posture. "Damn it, my memory has been deteriorating since that day I hit my head," I pursed my lips bitterly.

"It sure did," he added fuel.

I gave him a quick glare before sighing. "That was uncalled for, Mr. Kim. Anyway, nothing official happened. He was supposed to talk to his parents about that matter, call off his engagement and then propose, but... you know what happened."

He hummed and rubbed his chin, probably processing all that.

"So what now?"

I shrugged and turned to a maid to ask her for some water. I was surprised to see my former maid.

"Cassy? You're back?"

She giggled and nodded. "Everyone is actually working at their usual workplace now."

Oh, that's right.

She bowed and walked away to fetch some water for me.

"How's Jungkook?" I turned to Joon.

"He's doing fine. He could even become the top knight with some practice. My pride was hurt finding out that his skills were way beyond mine," he pouted.

Now that's a rare sight to see.

"You don't have to worry about him. It was his choice. Plus, he would excel at anything so..."

That's true.

"Thanks, Joonie."

"Now, about that wedding," he rested his head on his palm, staring at me.

"Not now, please. It should be after I heal, you know. I'm not in my best state to receive a proposal at the moment."

"Why don't you propose?"

"I'm not in my best state to propose, either."

He cackled. "I didn't think you'd consider that option."

I shrugged my shoulders.

Cassy came up to me and handed me a glass of water before bowing and leaving.

"There's also the talk with his parents, you know." I took a sip.

"That's not a concern, Y/N. There's not much of a difference in changing his fiancée as you two are sisters. It's the same kingdom and the same family. In fact, this time, the marriage will be based on mutual love, so if anything, they should be supporting you two."

I nodded softly.

"By the way, how about we engage Elle to the prince of the Kingdom of Bellus?" He exclaimed excited.

I scoffed. "Jin? Isn't he too old for her?"

He protruded his lower lip. "8 years isn't that bad... He's a nice guy."

I sighed.

"Let's just hold a ball to maybe celebrate our victory and invite all the princes around here. We'll have her choose her own guy."

He whispered, "She likes Jin, you know."

"I can hear you," I whispered as well, causing him to tense up a bit and scratch his neck. "I know she likes him, but we can't take any chances. We must hear it from her own mouth that she chooses him."

We nodded to each other.

The door was busted open, revealing an agitated male-hen, searching for his baby duckling.

"Y/N!" He rushed to me. "Why are you out of your bed?! You shouldn't be this reckless, you might hurt yourself!"

"I just wanted to get some fresh air, Tae. I'm fine. I've been dying to move since yesterday," I whined.

"Then you should have told me. I would've accompanied you," he pouted.

I squealed internally.

"Sorry..."

He squatted down and brushed my hair gently. "Let's get you to the garden then, shall we?" He smiled.

Before standing up, he pecked my nose, making me giggle and cover my face.

He held my waist from the side with my arm around his shoulder.  I blushed from his touch and the proximity of his warmth.

"I'm still here, you know."

Namjoon's voice caused me to snap out of it and not focus too much on the contact.

I cleared my throat and stood firmly.

"Let's go."

A/N: About the Q&A, there was only one question so I thought I'd answer it here.

That guy who stabbed Joon and you is already dead 👀 oof. So he can't be answering your question lol. Someone killed him after seeing you drop to the ground. Now who might it be? 🤔

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter ❣️