Part 1

A strong wave of migraine hit me, and I opened my eyes slowly.

Dazed, I looked around the unfamiliar room. An enormous chandelier was hanging from the ceiling that seemed to be too tall for a regular room. The walls were painted in pastel pink with golden patterns. The furnitures were all burgundy colored with golden frames. Although everything was bright in color, the rain pouring outside made it look more dull than ever.

Thousands of questions whirled inside my already pounding head. I didn't know where I was, how I got here, where I came from or even who I was.

I sat up and touched my head. It was bandaged. "Did I hurt myself?" I mumbled.

Why can't I remember anything...

Thunder roared, cutting through the silence, causing me to jump, making me more frightened than before, if that was possible.

I tried to calm myself down, clutching my chest, and got off from the queen-sized bed.

I walked down the long corridors to get an answer to at least one of my questions. I spotted a maid with long orange hair walking my way.

"Um, excuse me?" She looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Where am I? Who are you? How did I get here?" I walked up to her.

She only held my hand and guided me through the corridor.

I followed her into a giant hall. There were two maids, one butler and... a prince?

"Your highness, she has woken up," bowed the orange haired maid who was next to me. I just stood there not knowing if I should bow as well.

He turned to look at me, and I almost forgot how to breathe. He was beautiful. No, ethereal. It felt as if I had never seen such good-looking young man before.

His eyes were sharp but soft while looking at me. I fidgeted a little under his scrutinizing gaze, and my heart seemed to be doing some cardio.

"Are you feeling alright?" He stepped towards me, staring into my soul. His deep voice actually caught me off guard.

Oh gosh, he's coming near me.

I looked down for a second but met his gaze again, "I do. But, where am I? How did I get here?"

He stopped right in front of me, "You're in the Kingdom of Vuxaniel. We found you laying unconscious, bleeding from your head beside a river yesterday and brought you here to treat you."

I was what?! Was I that clumsy to just slip into a river and hit my head, rendering me unconscious AND clueless?

I gaped at his statement. He smiled at me as if he just read my thought. "Now tell me, who are you and what were you doing that made you end up like that?" He eyed me curiously again.

I heaved a long sigh, "I actually don't know. I woke up just now not even remembering my own name. I don't know what to do." I bit my lip, suddenly becoming aware of my situation.

What was I thinking when I slipped into that river? Because of my dumb actions, I don't have anywhere to go to now. If I don't regain my memories back, what will I do?

I panicked. My hands and legs trembled furiously and my vision became blurred. I felt helpless and alone.

Out of the blue, his large hands enveloped my shaking ones, seeping warmth into them, and held them tight. His dark eyes peered at me empathetically, making my breath get caught in my throat.

"Even if you don't remember anything at all, don't be scared. Your memories will come back sooner or later. Either way, you don't have to be alone and go through this all by yourself... I will help you to try and get your memories back," he softly stated.

I suddenly felt the urge to cry right then and there in front of him even if I didn't know him at all. But I fought it, not wanting to look weaker than I already was and worrying him further.

I hiccuped.

He showed me a rectangular smile and giggled a bit. My heart skipped a beat at that.

"You can stay in my castle for as long as you want," he added.

I considered his proposal for a moment.

If I were to stay in his castle, I couldn't just lay around and freeload. He saved my life after all. So, I should show my gratitude and help him back in some way.

I glanced around.

Maids...

That's right, even if I know nothing about, well, almost everything... I should be able to do some housework. I'm a girl, I can do it.

Yes, let's get it.

"Then, I want to work as a maid here," I stood confidently, looking up at him.

To be continued...

A/N: Lmao this gonna be a wild ride 👀

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 😘