Part 9

"Taehyung, slow down! I can't keep up with you," I giggled.

"Nope. You used that trick the last time and you caught me. Play fair this time," he pouted and galloped further away from me.

I huffed, "How come you get the fastest horse and I get the slowest? And you're saying that I'm the one who's not playing fair."

He laughed obnoxiously. "Excuses, excuses... Just admit that you're not good at riding horse."

"Excuuuse me? I'm not!" I yelled.

My horse finally decided it was time to go fast but bolted too quickly that I had trouble steadying myself.

"Taehyung?! Help, she's going too quickly!" I screamed as I zoomed past him.

"Shit," he whipped his horse and quickened his speed.

I cried out loud as I went deeper into the forest. Branches hit me and cut me everywhere and I hissed in pain while gripping on my horse for my dear life. I couldn't even look ahead and my eyes were shut tight.

Taehyung was calling my name from the back repeatedly.

He suddenly held my waist with both hands and pulled me onto his horse. My foot got stuck in the pedal and I lost my balance, crashing into him.

He lost his balance as well and we both fell down with me on top of him. His arms were wrapped tightly around me and he grunted due to the strong impact.

The horses stopped on their tracks as soon as we fell down.

"Stupid horse," I cursed as I tried to get off from him.

My body was heavy and there were cuts and bruises everywhere. I looked down at him and he looked even more terrible than me. I gasped and pulled him up, putting his weight on myself as I wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I think I fractured my ribs," he groaned as he tried to stand upright.

I bit my lips and looked around the forest. There wasn't anyone who could help us.

We couldn't ride the horses again in our states, so we didn't have any other choice but to walk back to the castle.

So much for spending a good time with him...

I cursed again.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "Because of me, you're injured really badly now." We walked to the castle slowly, and the horses followed us from behind.

"I didn't do that to hear you apologize."

I looked at him and he stared at me back.

I pursed my lips and looked to the front, "Thank you for saving me."

He chuckled, "You're welcome." He then hissed and clutched his chest.

"Stop laughing, you idiot," I scolded him and continued walking.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"A few days of treatment and you'll be fine. No bones were broken, but you need to stay in bed for at least one whole day."

I sighed in relief.

The doctor was checking Taehyung's injuries after bandaging my wounds. He insisted that I was treated first when his condition was in fact worse than mine.

Idiot. Always putting others before him.

The doctor started to bandage his body and I quickly looked away when he took off his clothes.

Taehyung glanced at me and smirked a little.

"I'll come check up on you three times a day," the doctor gathered his things and walked towards the door. "I'll ask Anne to assign one of the maids to nurse you."

I perked up at that. Since it was my fault that he was in this state, I wanted to take care of him until he recovered.

I jumped up from my seat. "I'll nurse him."

They both turned their attention to me.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that. You're wounded as well. It's best for you to rest, miss Violet." He disapproved.

"But it was my fault. I have to take responsibility for what I did."

He thought about it for a moment and sighed, "Alright. I'll let Anne know that you should be relieved of other duties."

I grinned from ear to ear and thanked him.

After he left, I turned to look at Taehyung who was smiling shyly. I started to become flustered as well.

"Just so you know, I'm doing this because I felt guilty, okay?"

He nodded his head, pouting cutely. My heart fluttered.

What have I gotten myself into? What happened to staying out of his way? I'm in deep trouble now.

My feelings for him only grew and I became more and more afraid that I was losing control of them. I knew I shouldn't be doing this but I wanted to be near him all the time. I was becoming greedy and I hated it.

I turned and walked to the door.

"Wait!"

I looked back at him.

He pulled out a box from his drawers and gestured for me to take it.

I was confused but shuffled next to him and opened it.

There was a silver music box inside.

"Listen to it before sleeping, it really calms the mind. It might help your nightmares," he smiled sweetly up at me.

I sat down next to him, staring at the music box.

I was overwhelmed.

I couldn't help the whirlpool of emotions inside me and I cried all of a sudden.

He got surprised and wiped my tears troubled.

I sniffled, "I'm sorry... I just-"

He shushed me and kept wiping the tears that were streaming down my face. He brought me closer and caressed my head.

I looked up into his eyes and realized that we were only inches apart from each other.

His eyes were soft and captivating staring into mine. I got lost in them.

It felt as if suddenly, all those fears and sadnesses have had melted and disappeared. As if our souls were being tangled, connected, and merged together.

He was warm.

His eyes moved down to my lips and he leaned slowly towards me.

My heart hammered inside my chest and my eyes fluttered closed. I could feel his breath fanning my face as he moved closer and closer.

Right before our lips touched, someone knocked on the door.

I jumped and stood up from the bed almost dropping the music box. He cursed under his breath and yelled, "Come in!"

"I'm sorry I just-" the doctor eyed us suspiciously. "-left my scissors here..."

I flushed thinking about what was about to happen if he didn't interrupt us.

He took his scissors and scolded Taehyung, "Your Highness, you shouldn't make a girl cry." He walked out, clicking his tongue.

I blinked and dashed to the door. "Thank you for the music box," I shouted and ran out of his room.

I exhaled deeply and marched towards my room.

Shut up, you stupid heart.

A/N: Lmao did I describe that horse riding scene well? I suck at descriptive writing 😅
Even my Canadian teacher criticized it
(T▽T)

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💖