Marble Floors

I sat on my heels on the incredibly cold marble floors as my head drooped towards the ground. The shackles around my wrists and ankles made a clanking noise as I brushed a tear away with the back of my bloodied hand.

The bright lights of the throne room were harsh against my eyes. It was impossible to tell what time it was, or day for that matter.

With the constant changing of light schedules in the dungeons, my sleep schedule was constantly at the hands of the guard. I think they do it on purpose, to keep us inebriated and sleep deprived. Slowly driving us to madness.

I shook my hair loose, the greasy unwashed tangles cascading around my face, shielding me from the pitifully disgusting stares I was receiving from the crowd.

Their eyes burned holes through me and I swallowed the thick lump in my throat. My nose burning from holding back tears.

The room was uneasily silent. Everyone quietly judging the criminal on the floor before them.

If it hadn't been for the impossibly cold marble floor that was distracting me by pressing into my knees at an alarmingly uncomfortable rate, I would have succumbed to their stares and whispers.

Suddenly, I was jerked forward by the hard shackle around my neck, and I hit the ground in front of me with a loud thud. My temple bouncing off the ground. A shrieking pain shooting down my neck.

"Answer the Allfather when he speaks to you!" The guard holding my shackles shouted viciously.

I nodded and shakily pushed myself back up into my kneeling position. Not daring to make eye contact with anyone as I swallowed the pain that was now shooting from my temple. A thumping pain so intense I could hear it.

"Aislin (A/N: pronounced Ash-Lynn) Fiona Harris, you have been accused of conspiring against Asgard and Midgard, mass murder, and attempting to seize Midgard....Is this true?" Odin questioned, authority ringing through his voice.

The dark man in shackles next to me shot me a death glare and I flinched from his gaze, a tingle of fear running down my spine.

I gulped.

"Yes." I whispered quietly as more salty tears began to spill over my pale cheeks.

I'm innocent!

So desperately I wanted to scream those words, but they sat at the bottom of my throat, being drowned by fear and dark threats.

"Loki Odinson-"

The dark man scoffed at the use of this name.

"You have also been accused of conspiring against Asgard and Midgard, mass murder, and attempting to seize Midgard. Is this statement true?" Odin asked in the same tone that he asked me.

"Yes." Loki replied as he cockily readjusted his shackles causing them to angrily clank against the pure marble floor.

"Then..." Odin paused as if thinking. Suddenly the old man smirked. A venomous smirk that had only evil intentions behind it.

"Convince me." He mused, bringing his hand up to his chin, to rest his head on. His other hand making a circling motion, as if instructing an animal to dance for him.

"Convince me as to why I should not have you executed."

It was as if the air was sucked from the room, and the onlooking crowd fell deadly silent. Everyone's breaths catching in their throats.

"What!?" I jolted, finally lifting my head up to make eye contact with Odin.

Amusement twinkled behind the man's cold eyes.