Part 14 Ambulance

Also made me cry... -Genesis

Part 14

Ambulance

Harry felt himself being moved but still didn’t have the strength to open his eyes. "Where's Louis?" He said weakly. 

Louis immediately went to Harry's side as they were waling & being put in the ambulance. He held Harry's hand & said "I'm right her Harry, don't be scared, I'm right here. I won't leave. We're going to the hospital." Harry gripped Louis' hand with all of his strength, which want very much, and nodded, wincing. Louis let Harry squeeze all he could as they rode to the hospital. Even as Harry was being strolled to an emergency room, he didn't let go.

Harry stayed silent the whole time. Until they got there he whispered to the older boy "Louis? What are they gonna do?"

Louis swallowed & said "Well I assume they will put you to sleep for a bit to remove the bullet & see if any damage was done...But don't worry, I won't leave your side! Ok?" He gripped Harry's hand. "I love you Hazz, and I'll make sure nothing goes wrong."

"I love you too Louis." Harry squeaked trying not to cry "Stay strong for me okay Boo?"

Louis had tears building up in his eyes, but for Harry's sake he didn't let them fall. "Yes, Hazz, I will. Promise you'll do the same for me?"

"I s-swear Louis." Harry stuttered out tears now falling freely down his face.

Louis took out a handkerchief with his free hand & wiped the tears from his face."Don't cry Curly. Try to rest." he said softly.

"A-as long as you'll be there when I wake up." He choked out.

"I'll always be here." Louis smiled as a tear fell down his face.

Harry half-smiled then his breathing evened out signaling he was asleep.

Surgeons walked in & the head doctor told Louis he could stay by Harry's side if he wanted to which of course he did. They put a needle with sleeping medicine in Harry's arm. Before they did anything else, the doctor pulled Louis over to the side."Are you okay around blood Louis?" the doctor asked. Louis swallowed and remembered he promised Harry he'd stay by his side so he had an idea. "Not really but if you lend me a mask to cover my eyes I can stand it? I promise Harry I wouldn't leave his side." he said firmly. The doctor nodded. "Yeah we can do that. And another thing, does his family know?"

Louis shook his head. "No...I have his mum's number if you want me to call before you operate?"

"Yeah. That'd be a good idea. Try and do it quickly please." The doctor smiled turning back towards the other surgeons. Louis immediately dialed Mrs. Styles number and the phone was ringing.

She answered the phone. "Hey, Louis!" She said "Gemma and I were just watching the story about a shooting! Apparently only one person is in critical condition! Have you heard about this?" She rambled on. Louis was silent for a second then breathed in. "Mrs. Styles, Harry is the one in critical condition."

There was another second of silence "I'm sorry?" she asked, praying that she heard him wrong.

"Harry was shot and is about to go under operation. I have to go quick though. The doc wanted you to know."

"Wait! Where are you? I'll come!" Anne said trying to stay calm.

"Ummm… the hospital closest to Le Peza. It's June Baptist Hospital I think."

"I'm on my way!" She said and hung up.

Louis turned and said "The mom knows & she's on her way. You can start now..." he sat down next to Harry & held his hand through the operation with his mask on. After the operation they brought Harry back to his own room. "He is going to have to stay at least one night." The doc announced.