Chapter 28

Kathleen P.O.V.

It seems they know now. As I moved my stare away from a shocked Jason, I turned to look at an even more aghast Russell with his mouth wide open.

I let a sigh escaped my lips as I rubbed my behind where I made a hard landing. I turned to look at Gabriel who was sitting next to me, busy caring for his wound to notice the truth revealed before Russell and Jason's eyes.

Gabriel was putting pressure on his right leg where a bullet had just grazed him, hissing under his breath with a language I don't know. He must have felt my stare on him because he turned to look at me.

He looked at me, dazed, but gave me thumbs up and a smile. I returned it with a small smile of my own.

I returned my stare towards the two guys who were now having mixed feelings towards Christine after knowing of her true gender. I wonder what'll happen to you now Christine?

I looked up when I heard my name being called. I turned to look at Michael who was smiling at me. "Come, Kathleen, we'll need you to help Richard change out of his clothes, seeing as we can't."

Michael said all that in a whisper and I nodded anyway. I followed Michael to where Christine is located which is in the helicopter.

While Michael and Victor turned to look away and stand as a guard, I changed her into some fresh clothes Michael brought with him.

It was just some loose sweats and a loose shirt. They didn't provide any bandage roll or something to hide her hair with. Seeing as her wig's now ruined and the bandage roll was beyond wet, there was nothing to help her hide her gender. Seeing as there wasn't anything I could do, I decide to just tightly wrap her up in the spare blanket, hiding all parts that can lead to people finding out that she's a girl.

After I was done with that, Victor and Michael had given orders to return to their base. Victor came back to the helicopter and took a seat next to where Christine was laying, supporting her head by letting her lay on his lap.

I was about to leave but I was stopped by Michael. "You'll have to ride the helicopter Kathleen, wouldn't want something to happen to Richard with Victor not knowing anything to help."

I felt Victor glare at Michael but Michael was already leaving to go to the boats and organize the rest of the men.

Michael P.O.V.

I returned to the rest of the members of the mafia. Some were injured but it wasn't too severe. I guess if I were to name one of the worst injuries we have now, I must say that it was Jason's mental injury at the truth of Christine. Well, maybe it's Russell after finding out his best friend is actually a girl. I'll have to explain to them later after this.

After organizing everything, Victor, Christine, and Kathleen were the first to leave via helicopter while the rest of us returned using the boats. I was sitting in the boat where Russell and Jason were riding. They were both heavily thinking of things and I knew what it was.

I'll have to tell it to them later on so no one can listen to this classified information, that is if it's even classified anymore at this point.

Before long, we've reached land and were now riding the SUV to our base. The ride was silent as we took the road leading to the main source of our base.

At that, Jason noticed the irregular road we're using. He gave me a confused look and I only smiled back at him.

In the distance in the most populated and busy part of New York, we reached a very high-rise building. Russell was still out of it and Jason gave me a surprised look.