Chapter 23

Christine P.O.V.

After Luigi left the room I was speechless. I embraced my legs and curled myself on top of the bed. By the sound of his voice, I knew that Luigi was dead serious about his intentions. What those intentions are is still a mystery but I get the feeling that it won't be a good thing.

Once again, I heard the door open and the squeaking of wheels was heard until it got closer to my room. The door opened and in came Kathleen with a cart of food.

She made her way over to me and started setting up the makeshift table in front of me. While she tended on serving my food I noticed something odd about her.

As she prepared my food I could see her glancing in different directions around the room. It was odd but I didn't ask her about it. She finished setting up my table and the last thing she placed on top of the makeshift table was a spoon, fork, and a knife wrapped neatly in a clean tissue napkin.

Kathleen started exiting the room but before she left I saw her look back over to me and she sent me this odd look. It's wasn't a weird odd look but it was like she was trying to send me a message with just the use of her hazel eyes.

When she finally left I slowly made my way towards the table and I grabbed for the utensils. I removed the clean napkin and placed it aside as I started eating the food. As I ate I noticed something on the napkin I've set aside. I reopened the tissue and saw the handwriting on it.

'It's me, Kathleen. Don't act suspicious. There are three cameras watching you right now so don't let it look like you're reading this.' I don't know what this letter is but I decided to follow it for now. I set the napkin aside and continued eating but I was actually reading the note next to me.

'I know that we've gotten off the wrong foot but I want to help you. I'll come back in a while to get your food. Until then, get ready.'

Get ready? For what? Kathleen's note was vague and I couldn't understand a lot of it but I still do understand one thing clearly. Is that she's going to help. But wait, why is she helping me only now? Is she going to trick me later on? Are the words she wrote in the tissue letter true? Should I even trust her in the first place when I know nothing about her?

Ugh, my head's starting to hurt. I haven't had a headache like this since the multiple-choice exams I had months ago and whether or not I was going to buy an expensive and flashy electric guitar Russell suggested or a cheap and high-performance guitar like Daniel had suggested back then.

As I continued to eat I stared at the note next to me in thought. Well, if this is how it'll have to go, it seems like I have no other choice but to do that instead.

Kathleen P.O.V.

I waited for almost an hour before going back to Christine's room. I went to the front door where the usual guards were still standing but only a bit drowsy than before. It was a good thing that I planted sleeping pills in their food.

The men were drowsy but they could still see me, barely. One of them staggered forward to open the door for me. I think I put in too many sleeping pills than I should have. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

When I entered the room the door closed behind me. I slowly made my way over to the room where Christine was probably at and I opened the door to see her clutching onto the note I secretly slipped to her and she was sitting down on the bed.

I looked at the three hidden cameras and I looked to see the small red light which should have been shining to indicate that it was on but it seems my friend from the inside kept his word. It's a pain for me to lose a few of the thousands of dollars I kept but I had to use it at some point in time. I mean, it's not like I'm going to repay my parent's debts anytime sooner.