Chapter 15

Finally, school ended and now I can spend my time with everyone in the band. We all met up in front of our last classes which were right next to each other, a crazy coincidence right?

We were now walking in the school's corridors as we chatted. When we reached the main entrance I was kind of expecting Jason to appear. When I stepped out I found that he wasn't there. I was glad that he didn't need to be with me 24/7 but I feel a bit disappointed actually.

I've always expected Jason to suddenly appear whenever things were going my way. And now isn't actually one of the times when trouble finds me.

I was mentally scolding myself for thinking about Jason when a voice suddenly yelled for me.

"Hey, Knight!" I turned my head to where the owner of the voice was.

It was Jack and his group of jocks behind him approaching me. And by the looks of it, he wasn't in a good mood.

Daniel who was standing next to me shifted and whispered into my ear. "So, what do we do now?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Steven said behind us. "WE RUN!!!"

As he said, we did run. We run like our life depended on it, which is actually true.

We split up in different directions and I ended up running away with Russell running next to me. Everyone just went to wherever they went but I can tell without looking back that I had the most guys chasing me, waiting for me to be beaten up by them.

We slipped through a broken fence and left the campus and escaped the jocks. I had no difficulty in slipping through the fence since my body is small and thin, unlike Russell who had a moment of difficulty in slipping through the fence with his big body.

We continued running until we were sure we were a good distance away from the school. We stopped, our lungs lacking oxygen, and took a sit on a nearby bench.

Russell got up and left me for a moment and came back with two bottles of water in his hands. He tossed me one and I caught it. I drink the water and wipe my mouth.

After we got our energy back we just sat there looking at our surroundings. It was peaceful until Russell decided to speak.

"Are you alright now?"

I nodded my head to his question. "I'm feeling much better now."

"Sorry about that."

"Why should you be apologizing when I'm the reason why they chase us? Besides, our little chase made me remember when we were in middle school."

We both laughed. How I wished that those times would come back.

High school isn't really the only time I got bullied. I was also bullied throughout middle school and Russell would drag me away when we got chased by them.

After a while, when we just sat there, we decided to get up and go home. It was a good thing that we decided to stop right next to the bus station.

The bus arrived just on time and we got on. We decided to talk about our childhood as we rode the bus.

Sometimes people would look at us and give us weird looks when we laugh but we didn't mind them looking at us weirdly.

The bus stopped and I looked out the window to see that I had arrived at my neighborhood. I got up, waved bye to Russell, and then made my way to the exit.

When I waved bye to Russell his smile was immediately gone and he gave a nod to me. I wanted to ask him what was wrong the bus driver was giving me a dirty look so I just nodded back to Russell and made my way to the exit.