➣ three.

003. | WAND HUNTING

Later that day, the five of us met up in Carlos and Jay's dorm to discuss how we were going to get Fairy Godmother's wand. However, our friends didn't really seem too concerned about the whole situation; Carlos was engaged in some weird game on the television, while Jay was busy pickpocketing again. Mal and I, on the other hand, were still trying to figure out what we were going to do. 

As I lounged on Jay's bed, my head resting on the pillow, I huffed at him and asked, "Jay, what are you doing?"

Jay gave me a look. "It's called stealing."

Mal spoke up from her spot beside Jay, "Okay, so what's the point?"

Jay gave her a cocky grin. "Well, Mal, it's like buying whatever I want-" He opened up the laptop in his hand and gestured to it. "-except it's free."

Mal rolled her eyes, picking up a phone as she said, "Okay. So, you could do that..." She threw the phone onto the bed and gave him an annoyed look. "...or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

I smiled at her. "You sound just like your mom."

Mal gave me a rare, genuine smile, placing a hand over her heart. "Thank you."

Jay huffed and went back to stealing. "You two do it your way and I'll do it mine."

"Die, suckers!" Carlos shouted to the game, then beckoned for Jay to join him. "Jay, come check this thing out. Man, it's awesome."

Jay hesitantly took the controls of the game, then instantly became engrossed in it, laughing and whooping as he played.

"Guys!" Mal snapped. "Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?"

Jay continued playing the game as he said, "Fairy Godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah."

Evie's giggling was cut short when Mal said sternly, "This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel."  Looking at the four of us, she added, "Yeah?"

We all nodded in agreement.

Mal nodded once in satisfaction, and I sat up as she gestured for Evie, Carlos, and Jay to join us. "Evie, mirror me."

Evie took out her mother's magic mirror, then walked over to us and said to it, "Mirror, mirror on the–" She stopped, then corrected herself, "–in my hand, where is Fairy Godmother's wand... stand?"

Soon the magic mirror showed us the wand, glowing and floating in some sort of case.

Mal pointed at it. "There it is!"

"Zoom out," Carlos told Evie.

Evie brought the mirror up to her mouth and said, "Magic mirror, not so close." The mirror zoomed out to show the entire world, and Evie told it as it zoomed in on the globe in increments, "Closer. Closer. Closer."

Carlos walked over to his laptop and typed something on it, then turned to us and said, "Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three."