Arc 5.4 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Comenzar desde el principio

Li Feifei and Li Yun weren't bad people. Actually, one could say that the Li Kingdom's royal family were the hard-to-come-by miraculously stable and kindhearted royalties.

Li Yun still treated Li Hao as his precious younger brother despite knowing the younger's hatred towards himself. Actually, the Crown Prince knew of the reason why his was disliked by his younger brother and he had spoken to his Imperial Father about it on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, even though the Emperor really did try to treat all of his children equally, the male lead's mother would always take that as her gaining some favor and stepping all over his beloved Empress.

In the end, since he couldn't treat the male lead with equal love and care as his first two children due to the concubine's interference, he ended up keeping his two younger sons' positions equally at a distance.

The male lead, as smart as he was, was still a young man who craved for the love of his father and couldn't understand why he and his younger shu­-born brother had to suffer injustice like so. It didn't help that his concubine mother continued to shower him with lies regarding his older siblings deliberately monopolizing the Emperor's love.

The ironic thing was that he never blamed his loving mother who was the root cause of everything because she was the only one who outwardly showed her care for him. In fact, he didn't even realize that she was the underlying cause because he felt that the Emperor didn't deserve all of the love she had for him.

He always questioned the Emperor internally, Mother loves you so much, yet you don't even spare her a single glance. Same for me, I too...want a loving father.

Towards this younger brother of theirs, Li Yun and Li Feifei could only smile wryly at how they would always be met with emotionless and cold eyes. But never once did it cross their minds to scorn him back as he wasn't to be blamed.

The original Li Feifei, although sheltered and spoiled, was aware of the schemes going on within the palace--she did stay inside for the majority of her life after all. Therefore towards her Third Brother she only felt pity for having such a poisonous mother who forced herself onto a man with no respect for herself.

If she could hear her younger brother's thoughts, she'd retort with, Just because you love someone doesn't mean they have to love you back, ah. Who do you think you are? As for father's love, maybe you should try to control your mother more before crying injustice.

As for her youngest Fourth Brother, they got along well since he was just a child and his concubine mother was actually very understanding and held no real feelings towards the Emperor as she was forced into her marriage by her own father in order to balance the powers within the harem.

Back to the current situation, the female lead's face flushed red in embarrassment at how the male lead disregarded the audience around them in the room and overbearingly flaunted his affection for her.

As a 21st-century assassin she had no qualms about the ancient customs concerning propriety, but the male lead was her first love, ah! She wasn't sure how to interact with him, and seeing as the Second Princess had taken an obvious glance at her belly she somehow felt that the little princess was already aware they had taken that last step in their relationship and couldn't help but feel flustered. Even if their first time was due to the effects of her being drugged, the following times...she blushed even harder.

Seeing his love's face flushing red while she was in her injured state, the male lead panicked, "Ping-er! Are you okay?"

When he lifted his palm to her forehead to take her temperature, he was terrified to find out that she was burning up! He immediately thought she was running a fever and called for the Imperial Physician again, but was immediately stopped by the female lead who grasped his arm frantically,