Part 4

You scowled after the cat as he walked away, hating the pet name he had adopted for you. A few moments later an overly excited dog hybrid bounded through the door, hurrying to you behind the bar and greeting you enthusiastically.

"Hi y/n!" Yoongi frowned in confusion having headed back up to the bar after setting his things down and now handed his empty glass to you.

"Don't you mean y/n noona, pup?" He asked, but Tae only frowned and tilted his head to the side.

"Why would I call her noona? Y/n and I are the same age," he said, and you crossed your arms and glared darkly at the cat who was now smirking at you over the bar.

"Don't even bother, I am not calling you oppa," you said, turning away before he had the chance to say a word. You retreated to the far end of the bar and glanced over your shoulder to find him admiring your back, the sleeveless, strappy backed shirt you were wearing showing a decent amount of skin. You rolled your eyes and turned to face him, re-crossing your arms over your chest and he grinned darkly at you before turning and heading for the piano. The old bartender came out from the back just as the shift began.

Yoongi started playing, his long, delicate fingers ghosting over the keys and you couldn't help but listen, grinding your teeth in annoyance even as you did so. When the clock struck eight he stood, removing his fingers from the keys and stretching his arms over his head delicately, arching his back and looking more feline than human for a moment. The movement made you stop to watch him, something about his body making your mouth go dry. He turned and headed toward the bar, catching you staring at him. At first he seemed surprised to find your eyes on him, but his expression quickly turned smug as he strode toward you and you rolled your eyes, grabbing a glass and pouring his drink. Tae looked confusedly between you and the order screen.

"Wait, who is that for? I don't see an order..." he blinked up as you passed the glass to the cat who had arrived at the bar, smirking at you. "Oh, hi hyung!" The dog exclaimed, grinning at him.

"How's it going pup, are you picking things up?" He asked, sipping his drink. Taehyung hung his head sadly.

"I'm hopeless," he said, his ears drooping.

"You're not hopeless Tae Tae," you chuckled, reaching out to scratch his ear. Yoongi watched your hand longingly, wishing you would scratch his ears instead. "You're learning well."

"But you're so much better than me," he whined, pouting his lips out and pushing his head against your hand. You continued to rub his ears and smile at him.

"I've done this before though, everything is new to you." You glanced over to where Yoongi had been to find he was no longer there, his glass only half empty and abandoned on the bar. You blinked, looking around in confusion to see his tail whipping around the corner as he disappeared down the hallway to the bathroom. You frowned at his odd behavior but shrugged and went back to pouring drinks with Tae.

-

Yoongi stormed into the bathroom and stood at the sink, gripping the sides as he looked at himself in the mirror. He didn't know what he was getting so worked up over. He had no reason to feel this rushing angry jealous tightening in his chest. It was a girl he just met, a girl who didn't even like him, casually touching her friend's ears. There were so many reasons not to care - so why did he care so much? He breathed heavily for a moment, his hands tightening against the sink until his knuckles were white before taking a deep breath and making himself calm down. He finished in the bathroom and went back out, heading straight for the piano and sitting hard on the bench. He spent the next two hours playing in minor, his fingers unconsciously reflecting his swirling thoughts.