Eleven (Part 2)

Alex

There wasn't anything that didn't fascinate me about her. As I lay awake sleeping alone for the first time in what felt like forever, I think about her face as she told me her story. She has been an adult for the last 15 years of her life. While I was playing sports and going to birthday parties, she was training her pack to be ruthless and executing murderers.

Her face had so many stories behind it. So much blood had splattered across her cheeks, and yet to the normal eye, she looked like any normal 23 years old.

Quinn nags at me. Informing me that our mate is only across the hall. We should be sleeping with her.

She wants her privacy. I only unmarked Carolina a few hours ago, and she was right to say that we shouldn't mate right away.

Are you insane? We should be on round 6 by now.

Have you lost your damn mind? Did you not hear about her childhood?

I just think, that the sooner we do it the better.

What about the pack? She was right, where would it go? When we mated it would be up for debate. She could give the pack to one of her sisters, or it could go to me. Would I have to fight in the battle as she said? Would it be to the death? I've fought both Ellie and Adrina before, and I'm not sure if I could kill either of them. Their fight would be fair.

I've never fought Collins before, not in any way to cause actual harm or even in a spar. Seeing as she is the leader of the fiercest pack in the US, I can't imagine her sisters would even compare to her. Adrina does have a pack of her own though, and Ellie was a hunter as a teenager. These girls would last in a battle for days, and if it were to happen, it would be to the death.

|_|-|_|-|_|

It's 5 am when they start banging on doors. I hadn't fallen asleep until about 3 am anyway. I guess we wouldn't be having our Alpha meeting this morning. 

I'm dressed in under a minute, and out the door banging on my packs doors soon after. Most of them are half-dressed but there were one or two still sleeping. I make sure they are all out of their rooms before I start heading outside to where we met last time.

Collins' warriors and Jack are standing in the center of the group but I don't see Collins when I arrive.

"What happened last night?" Karter asks me as I step up next to him. His arms are crossed and he's standing a few people back from the front of the group, however, the two of us are several inches taller than the people standing in front of us.

"Nothing. Collins and I talked and then we both went to our beds." I tell him, putting my hands in my pockets. "Carolina?"

"Well," he shuffles his feet, not looking away from Jack. "She won't be with us for training this morning, and I had to use about half of the cash that we brought to send her on a bus as far away from here as possible. Plus, we probably used enough sedative to knock out a bison." 

Even though she isn't my mate and I did banish her from my pack, she still was a part of my life for an extended period of time, and I feel sort of bad for the crazy bitch. 

"Thank you for taking care of it." I simply put it and he doesn't push it any further. 

"Listen up listen up." We hear a call from the distance, but I know that it's her before we can see her, just simply by the overwhelming smell she brings along with her. It's more floral than sweet, but intoxicating. She comes into the center of the circle holding several sheets of paper. "Yesterday, we had you all split up into different groups to determine what class of athleticism you are. You'll be trained by that group until you are all at the top level that you could possibly be at. There are chances to move up in groups, but at the end of the day, you can only be as fully trained as your human body will take you.