Two (Part 1)

Collins

I breath heavily. The wolfsbane I had been injected before wearing off. Wolfsbane can kill an alpha, but given a certain amount, no more no less, it just dulls down the werewolf inside. So none of those new kids could sense I'm the actual Alpha Killer, I had to take some.

I let a breath out as I feel the last bit drain out. I take a bite of the apple I was eating before it started getting out of my system. I'm not on the toilet FYI. Wolfsbane leaks out your skin. Like a frog almost.

Jack comes in and sits next to me. I continue my magazine. "Party is in a couple hours." He says grabbing my apple and eating. I take a breath and look at him annoyed.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

He nods taking a bite. Still chewing he says, "You have to go upstairs because Noah's sister is waiting." He looks up at me. I sigh. I stand up and smack the apple out of his hands before I leave.

He doesn't mumble bitch like I know he wants to, because I'm in a vulnerable state. I hate getting dressed and throwing parties. Hate. It. I don't know why I suggested it. It was stupid. That's it. That's what it was. Not a huge rant like I was going to make.

I climb the stairs and open the door to my room. Noah's sister Sam is in fact sitting in my room with a bunch of every piece of makeup and clothing she owns. She smiles at me as I step in. I roll my eyes and slam the door, preparing for the torture.

|_|-|_|-|_|

The wolfsbane hurts at first, but then I feel almost human. With nothing special about me at all. I step out of my room. Jack and I were going to be entering together. The lie was my brother and father were away on business.

I've always told lies. Even when I attend the other school. I couldn't let the teachers that were werewolves know. I'd have to kill them.

"You look beautiful." Jack says to me. The dress is blood red. It's sleeveless and it flows out like a silk wedding dress. It has a slight poof. But not much. It was a ball gown made for the Killer of Alphas.

"You look good too." I tell him. And he does. Like, those models or those boys on Instagram that are like, 'when boys dress like this' or whatever.

I'm not attracted to Jack. I couldn't be. He's not my mate. He's my best friend, just like Noah. Jack is 160 pounds of pure muscle. Noah is 127 pounds of skin and bone. Jack is a fighter. Noah is a sarcastic bitch. I'm hoping that my mate is a little bit of both; makes the killing all the more exciting.

Jack leads me downstairs. The ballroom is a totally different building. But, of course it looks like it's our pack house. It's on the property, but it's far enough away that if someone attacked it, we'd be able to know and handle it with out getting hurt.

We take a car to the ballroom. It's weird saying that. Like, it's actually a huge building. But, it's only a ballroom. The interior is bright. Crystal chandelier. The walls and floors look gold. It's bright, but not bright enough where it feels like you're looking at fluorescent lighting.

When we reach the building, Jack helps me out. We walk through the back door and take the elevator up to the second floor, so we can enter regally.

It was almost like a set. The parts you weren't seeing in the movie were kinda un-built and ugly. My heels clacked against the floor. I was almost as tall as Jack. Almost.

Jack takes the first exit that will lead him to one side, as I walk down the long hall to the other.

Okay let's sum this up. You've seen Beauty and the Beast right? Okay well, the staircase and ballroom, are modeled to look like that movie. Good? Okay.