Eleven (Part 1)

Collins

He pulls the door open and exits into the hall. I decide to follow, seeing as that would make the most sense. He opens the door next to his, where a few of his warriors were staying.

"Where is she?" But it didn't sound like a question. It was more of a, tell me or else sort of statement.

"Kitchen maybe?" A voice says. Alex doesn't wait to immediately head for the kitchen, and I follow. His legs are much longer and I struggle to keep up, but it's not like I don't know where I'm going. I'm staying in this house too.

When we reach the kitchen, Carolina is stirring something on the stove. She smiles up at Alex, as if only a few hours ago he hadn't said he didn't love her.

"I made you your favor-" but before she even has time to process that he doesn't want to talk, he has a hand around her neck and her body slammed against the wall.

"I, Alexander Harrison, remove my mark-"

"Alex please!" She begs. She claws and scratches against his hand on her throat, but Alex doesn't move a muscle. "Just eat, you'll feel better!"

"Shut up!!" He yells. She starts yelling something in Spanish and he starts yelling back at her.

Curious, I walk over to the pot on the stove. Mac and cheese? Not exactly a Chopped winner but it's okay. One whiff gives me more information than I bargained for.

"You laced it." I say. Loud enough that they hear me and stop to look at me. I make eye contact with Carolina, who looks worried. "Can I have some?" I ask, grabbing the wooden spoon.

"Stupid bitch, that's not for you. Why don't you fuck off and mind your damn business!" She spits at me. Causing Alex to tighten his grip on her neck.

"Fine, I'll just throw it away then," I grab the pot handle and begin to pour it into the trash before-

"Wait!" She screams. I stop pouring just before the first noodle slides out. I glance up at her. Does her best to try to wiggle free from his grin but with no luck. "I spent too much money on that!"

"It's just Mac and cheese." I say to her. Alex shoots daggers from his eyes at her.

"What's in it?" His growl vibrates my ribs.

"Love, it's for you. So we'll always be together. Isn't that what you want?" Her tone of voice is very different than when she was speaking to me.

"What witch did you have to go to?" I ask, bringing the attention back to me. Her eyes have widened with fear. "Because witches that make love potions strong enough for werewolves were sentenced to execution a very long time ago." I smirk.

Alex turns back to glare at her. She only looks back at the floor, as a single tear rolls down her face. "I, Alexander Harrison, remove my mark from my second mate, Carolina Cavell. I reject her, and from this moment forward, she is banished from the Grayling pack." With that, he releases her and she crumples onto the floor. She rubs her neck, but the bruises have already set in.

As I look at Alex, he's already different to me. His scent is stronger and better, his close proximity makes my skin tingle, and there's almost a halo of light around him. Before he can say anything, Jack comes in