Eight (Part 2)

Alex

The fact that she was blaming me for the death of her parents left me with two different emotions and thoughts.

I can't understand why she blames me. I also can't understand how she got that answer and why she seems almost calm about it too.

The other emotion is anger. Angry that she blames me for something I didn't do. It was as if she was saying she didn't trust me. I am her mate aren't I?

"Are you serious?" I ask. She gives me a look that asks if I'm stupid.

"My parents are dead because of your parents. You orphaned my sisters and I before we hit double digits. I became Alpha at 16 because Adrina was unfit. I didn't have a life. Our whole lives we trained to become the Alpha. We had a battle to submission to see who would become the Alpha. Ellie barely survived. Adrina became a rogue. I've sought out their killer for years now. But our pack had a treaty. I've always over looked it. But, I don't understand why you won't love me!" She screams then covers her mouth. My eyes widen.

"W-what?" I stutter. She drops her hands and takes a deep breath.

"You're supposed to be an Alpha. You're supposed to be possessive. We're supposed to feel super connected to each other and I don't. Why not? Huh?" She chokes out. I take a deep breath, realizing everything she's said is unbelievably true. I only shake my head. I look at my feet. "What about a break?" She asks. My head snaps to her.

Don't let her take a break. You need to start fighting and becoming possessive. We need to have her. Quinn yells at me.

I only shake my head. Not able to form words.

"We could just, not see each other for awhile."

"We're mates. Not a human couple." Quinn over takes my body. I can only stare at her. Completely stunned, shocked, embarrassed, and a whole lot of other things. Her eyes seem to soften at Quinn's voice.

"But that's how we act. Most mates mate right away."

"You asked us not to!" He yells.

"And I respect that." She pauses. "But the fact that I could get the idea about rejecting you out of my mouth without hesitation-" her voice breaks off. She takes a sharp breath. Her eyes begin to water. I remain in place. Not letting Quinn move out body. Only letting him talk. He's fuming.

"Imogen please! Please let us be together don't do this!" He yells. Her eyes become glassy as she mind links someone. Then become clear.

"I've asked guards to escort you off of my pack grounds. You have two minutes to do it yourself or we'll use force." She says, not able to look at me.

I begin to shut down and so does Quinn. I'm able to walk out. In a haze we leave the hospital. We walk off her main pack grounds. And out of the front gate. It's a mile through the woods till I see my pack house. I remain in the woods watching my pack run around on the grass. The children smiling and the happy mated couples.

I finally let Quinn over take and the first thing he does it turn around and run towards Collins. I'm able to stop him.

What are you doing! He screams.

She right. I only mumble back.

She's our mate!

Maybe we need a break.

I need her!! I don't know about you but I love her! I need her wolf! I need her!

You don't think I don't! I scream. Which causes him to shut up. He pauses, and then I'm in human form. I remain on all fours, naked on the forest floor. Quinn? I call. I call his name again. I know that he's retreated and he's ignoring me. He's won't talk to me again for a long time.

|_|-|_|-|_|

I sit on my bed, only looking at the ceiling. The door slams open.

"Dude!" Karters voice rings. "I haven't seen you in forever! What's up?" I don't respond. "Alex?" He says, his excitement fading. He sits next to me. "What's wrong?" I shrug.

"We're taking a break." I say, still in shock. He pauses.

"Like, humans?" He asks. I nod. He pauses again. "How ya doin'?" He asks. I shrug.

"My wolf is gone so, you know I've been better." I nod. He sucks in a breath through his teeth.

"There's Alpha business if you want a distraction." He says. I only remain staring at the ceiling, and shake my head.

I don't respond for awhile so he leaves. Gwen visits but she leaves soon too. Many of the pack members who I was friends with when I was young visit. But I only remain laying on the bed. Not able to move. Wishing one person would come through the door. For any reason.

|_|-|_|-|_|

It's been three days and I've been able to move. I've heard updates about White Fire. And apparently they've been thriving since Collins has gotten back. Which only makes me sulk more.

The door bangs open around noon. And a familiar scent fills my nose. I sit up. She has a look I've never been able to decipher but I know it's always scared me.

"What are you doing? I did not leave you this title so you could mope around!" She says with her hands on her hips.

"My mate says we should take a break."

"Well my mate is dead so get up you dipthong." She says. I let my head fall back.

"But mom!" I whine.

"No buts!" She yells. She begins to pull on my leg trying to drag me but is unsuccessful. I finally get up. I sit on the end and watch as she paces. "First you need to shower get dressed. Then you need to eat. Then, you have to greet your pack. Then, I want you to begin working again because you mopping around is not good for anyone. Got it?" She says looking at me again. I nod. "Good." She says. She leaves the room. And I let reality sink in. I'm alone.