Ten (Part 2)

Alex

She ran. She ran away after my feelings reveled. I shouldn't have even had to. I'm an Alpha. I'm a male Alpha that people should not have to pry into especially in front of other alphas and especially their pack members. It makes me look weak. Carolina made me look weak.

My anger has bubbled. My mate, my real mate has run away. She has unofficially rejected me two times. I almost wonder if I just want her to. Except that I'd rather die than her do that so I don't want that.

I'm more confused than I've ever been. And it seems that I only ever get this confused when Collins is involved.

I don't know why I do this! It's more confusing than it needs to be! I just stare at Carolina before I walk away in the direction of where Collins left. Before I know it I'm subconsciously following her scent.

Stop it Quinn.

You belong together. You're meant to be.

I pull back a branch and stumble into the clearing. The branch snaps back and hits the back of my head. I rub the spot and look up. Noticing her scent is unbelievably strong in the this area, I realize that it makes sense I mean she's standing right there. With . . . oh.

"Hi." I say out loud to them both. Collins looks confused and like she's been crying.

"What do you want?" Adrina asks.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came to talk to my sister. You're the one that doesn't belong here." She snarls stepping closer to me. Collins avoids my gaze.

"And why is that?"

"You don't get to mate and then confess your love for someone else! Someone who never stopped loving you! You don't have an endless supply of women. You might be an Alpha but you have no say in what your mate does." She growls.

Her posture, and voice, and power lead me to believe that she became of something after the incident 5 years ago.

"You're the Alpha of the pack who wants to wage war on us." I observe. She rolls her eyes.

"Eastmans were never taught to watch from the sides. Ellie is too young to remember but Collins and I will never forget the endless lessons we received. We are trained to be leaders. I needed to lead. And there was an opening." She crosses her arms. "Which gives me just as much of a right to kick your ass."

"Still a male Alpha."

"Still a rogue." She mocks. My Alpha blood boils. She has no right to disrespect me. I'm superior to her, Rogue or not.

"You-" I began.

"Stop it. Just stop it." We both turn our heads to see Collins standing turned to us with her hands in fists. "I'm sick of it. I can't believe my sister is waging war, and the boy who didn't fight for me, who I haven't seen in five years, who is mated to one of my best friends sisters, just said that he doesn't actually love his mate. So just, stop it."

We only watch as she takes a deep breath and stalks off into the woods. Adrina glances at me before disappearing into the woods silently. I can hear the faint cracking of bones, telling me that Adrina has shifted, and is gone.

|_|-|_|-|_|

I couldn't believe I blew it with Collins. The experience was nothing like my parents used to tell me. Where it was magical and the moment you meet you're all over each other.

I met her 5 years ago and haven't jumped on her except for once and we all know that turned into a horrid mess.

My hands have left red marks on my head from leaning on them for so long. I changed into sweats and a regular shirt, and have locked the door, not letting anybody inside. Carolina and Karter have tried multiple time to come inside but I refuse to open the door.

There the occasional opening and closing of Collins door but its usually only for a few seconds which means she hasn't even come back yet.

Worry is eating me alive, I can't imagine how Jack must feel. Theres a bang on my door, but there's no voice telling me who it is and I don't recognize the scent which makes me hesitant about opening the door.

"open the door, or I'm kicking it down." But the voice is enough to tell me who it is. I reluctantly get up and answer.

He looks pissed.

"You need to get off your sorry ass and go see Collins because she is falling apart and I've tried to do everything I can. I've even called Noah and Aspen. I called Noah! I've called Ellie. I've tried to find Adrina. I've been stuck trying to get these sorry excuses to exercise and become fit but nobody is having it. I don't know how to train people like her. I was a trainee not a trainer. So you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself because it's not about you, Collins needs to start working and you're the only one who can fix this." And with that, he disappears down the hallway, leaving me just staring out the hall like an idiot.

Karter comes to stand in front of my door.

"Did you forget where you were going?" He asks. I just stare at him, totally confused about what just happened.

"I just got scolded." I tell him.

"Oh like with your mom 5 years ago?" He asks crossing his arms. I glare at him before slamming the door in his face. His chuckle telling me it didn't hit him. I'm tempted to open the door again and actually hit him but I don't.

I remain in my room. Contemplating my horrid life before there's yet again a knock on the door. "Yeah?" The door opens. "I didn't-"

I stop when her scent invades my personal bubble. I look up to her instantly and she's looking at the floor.

"If I look at you, I'll regret everything I'm about to say."

That sentence makes my stomach drop so low I'm surprised it's not laying on the floor.

"I want to forgive you but," the first 5 words are the best words I've ever heard. The last word makes me want to throw up. "But I haven't seen you in five years and we never had that kind of spark and you're mated to Carolina-"

"I'll unmarked her!" I jump up screaming causing her to finally look at me. Her gorgeous eyes are captivating. "Collins I'll do anything for you to just accept me again. To forgive me. Anything!"

"You'll unmark her? For me?" She peeps.

I come closer to her. She comes into the room and I close the door with my hand so it's raised above her. I tower over her since the last time I saw her. I can't help wanting to be closer to her.

"I'd do anything for you." I say quietly.

"Prove it." She says after a moment.

And I did.