13 - Making It Through the Week Part 3: Thursday

Start from the beginning

"Lani!"

"Hey mum." She hugs her mum and giggles. "I want you to meet someone." She walks back towards Tom. "This is Tom Hiddleston. My boyfriend." 

Her mum looked over Tom and smiled. "You must be that British lad who acted alongside Chris. It's nice to meet you, names Leonie. Come on inside. Liam will be here soon, I sent him out to get a few things."

Lani takes Tom's hand and they walk inside. "Do you want a drink?"

"Sure, i'll take whatever you have." Lani lets go of his hand and moves into the kitchen and grabs a glass and pours some juice into it. She walks back out and gives it to Tom.

While Tom is sitting and talking with Luke, Lani helps her mum in the kitchen. "He seems nice." Lani looks at her mum.

"He is. Chris says hi as well. He had to stay over in England." She grabs her phone out of her pocket when she hears it ring.

"Hello?"

"Lani! Are you at home yet?" The voice of Chris was on the other end.

"Yeah i am. I'm in the kitchen with mum. Can I tell them about you and Elsa's news?"

"Sure. Make sure to say hi to everyone for me."

"I will. Love ya."

"Love you too." Chis hangs up and she disconnects the call.

"What's this news about Chris and Elsa?" 

"Well-" She lets out a squeal as she feels fingers jab her side.

"Good to know your still easy to sneak up on isn't it Lani." She turns and faces a smiling Liam.

"Liam! It has been forever!" She hugs him tightly. He chuckles and hugs her back.

"I got those things for you mum. I put them outside with dad by the barbeque."

"Thanks Liam."

"I knew there was one person i was forgetting." Lani lets go of Liam and hears him laugh as she runs out to the backyard. "Dad!" Her dad turns around quickly and smiles when she calls out.

"Hey!" She runs to him and hugs him too. He spins her around a few times. "How's my girl?" He places her back on her own feet.

"I'm great. Come inside for a minute. There's someone I want you to meet." He raises an eyebrow at her but follows her inside nonetheless. "Tom!" He turns his head in her direction as she calls his name. He puts the glass down and gets up off the couch and walks over. "Dad. This is Tom Hiddleston. My boyfriend."

"Ah, you must be the one that acted alongside young Chris."

"That's me. Its nice to meet you." He holds his hand out and Lani's dad shakes his hand.

"Names Craig. Its nice to know Lani has found someone to settle down with. Now if you'll excuse me I have a barbie to light. Luke! Liam! Will you two grow up." He tells off Luke and Liam who are arguing like two year olds and then walks back outside to get the barbeque started.

"So I guess that's my family. The only family I've known." Tom pulls her into a hug and she hugs him back tightly as well. 

"Hey Lani!" She moves her head from Tom's chest and looks over to her brothers. "There is a surprise waiting upstairs. Come on." Luke holds out his hand for her to take. She looks at Tom and he nods his head. She moves out of Tom's embrace and grabs Luke hand.

Once they are upstairs they come to a stop in front of her bedroom door. "What is so special about my bedroom?"

"Just open the door. You'll find out." Liam says as Tom walks up behind them. She hesitates for a few moments and then places her hand on the doorknob, turning it slowly.