thirteen

Your POV

"Where do I know you from?"

I was in total shock. Couldn't move a muscle. My mind went nuts. The only thing I seen was the day my dad got shot right in front of me, by a man I would never forget.

"Long time no see, right?"

"Why do you look familiar?"

"Maybe this will help." The man pulled out a picture of my dad.

"You. You killed him... you killed him right in front of us-"

"What if I told you he was alive? And it was all just an act to get him away from you and your mom?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Listen. Your dad owed me a lot of money. A lot of money that he never paid back. He screwed over the wrong people and ran away like a little bitch-"

"Watch your mouth!"

"So I kidnaped him! If he was gonna run away for that long then I figured I'd torture him for that long!"

My blood was boiling. I wanted to shoot him right then and there, but I felt too frozen.

"So then where is he?"

"You give me one of your people in exchange for your father."

No way would I let anyone take someone away from me that easy. He must have lost his mind the day he took my dad, because I'm not leaving without him or anyone else with me.

The more I stood there, the more I thought about seeing my dad more than ever. So I did what I had to do.

"Alright. Pick and choose. Your choice."

I moved to the side so he could scan the group. Finally, his eyes landed on the last person I wanted him to pick.

"Her."

His finger pointed right towards Lauren.

The worried look on her face made me want to tell everyone to leave so he could keep my dad, but I missed him too much to let this opportunity go.

"Fine." My voice cracked.

The man smiled and nodded. He went walking towards her but I stopped him.

"But I wanna see him. Right here in front of me, or the deal is off. I want to know he's alive."

"No worries, I understand fully. My pick is alive and well, so I must do the same. Stay put."

He walked out of the room and I went straight to Lauren, knowing she will be on my ass if I didn't say anything.

"Are you fucking crazy, y/n?! You're really going to give me up that quick-"

"Once he hands over my dad, I'll attack him. Once I do, everyone needs to run. Do not wait up on me. If anyone is gonna die today then it'll be me." I told her.

Her eyes were glossy. Her bottom lip twitched at my words.

"I don't want to leave here without you."

I'd never thought I would find a girl like Lauren. It was very rare for me to catch feelings for anyone. She's the only one I feel emotionally vulnerable around.

"Trust me on this, Lauren. Please."

Everyone looked at me with disappointment. Not because I let this man choose one of our members, but for the fact that I would be giving up my life after everything I've done for them.

"I need everyone to trust me on this. You all have been so kind and have done so much, I don't care what happens to me. All I want is for everyone to be okay and happy, even if it means I have to die."

At this point, we were all in tears, even me. I wiped my face clean and kissed Lauren on the forehead before I walked away. I couldn't look at the crew without getting emotional. Soon enough, I seen my dad walk through the door.

"Y/n?"

"Dad..."

He ran up to me and hugged me like I was about to die, and not knowing that I probably was, in fact, going to die.

"I missed you, you've grown so much, I-"

"Alright you two that's enough, where's my pick at?" The man interrupted.

"Right, let me grab her real quick, but first what's your name? I have to thank you for all this."

"The name is Odis." He reached out for a handshake and I calmly take it.

"Well Odis, thank you, for being a stupid fuck."

"What did you just say-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I pistol whipped him right across the face and shot him in the leg so he couldn't get up.

"RUN!"

Everyone took off down the sewer. I stayed behind and packed my things and anything we found while we were down here.

"You really thought I was just gonna give up my girl like that? You must take me for a dumbass, huh?"

"You little bitch!"

"Eh you're kinda close to the floor here, so I say the only little bitch here is you."

I pulled out a smoke bomb and set a timer on it, then placed it in the middle of the room.

"This is a smoke bomb. It will go off in exactly two minutes. If you can disable it in time, you survive. If you don't, then I suggest you find a mask somewhere. Good luck!"

Right as I was done talking, I shot Odis in the hand so it'll make him struggle more, but little did he know that even if he got the bomb disabled, it would explode right in his bare hands.

"See you later, scumbag."

"I'll get you for this, y/n! This isn't over!"

I walked out of the secret sewer room and went to see my little family again.

But then it hit me.

My father is alive.