six

Lauren's POV

She was beautiful.

Her hair laid perfectly over her shoulders. Her eyes seemed so dark and deep like they told stories. Those lips looked so kissable. Her body. God, her body. It looked so toned and fit like she's been working out for years.

Silly, Lauren. You love Brad.

"Can someone please explain to us what the hell is going on?" Speaking of.

"Is anyone after you?" The dark haired man asked Troy.

"I ran into a few guys on the way here but I don't think they're coming after me. All I did was throw a beer bottle at their car and left." He trailed off.

Ms. Liberty walked up to him and kicked him right in the balls.

"You idiot!" She screamed. "We could be in danger because of you! Who knows how many people he has with him!"

She dropped her bag and took another one out of the mans hands then stormed out the room. We all heard her cursing under her breath and money being thrown in the bag. A few stacks dropped on the floor, but I don't think she bothered to pick them up. Her footsteps were heard in the hallway as she walked back in the room, throwing the bag on the floor.

"New plan. Now that we have two vehicles, we can all be transported to another location. Zendaya, find a place for all of us in here. Mila and Mani, start filling up your bags with money. Get as much as you can. Zayn, bring the-"

"Y/n, slow down there. We have three days and three nights to get all this money from here to the hide out. Think this trough carefully." He interrupted the fit woman. As scared as I was, along with everyone else in the room, we all needed to stay alive.

"He's right."

Lauren, what are you doing?

I swallowed hard and tried to keep my confidence up in front of Ms. Liberty.

"We do have three days and three nights this year. You have enough time to move the money to where you want it, but you need to make a solid plan about this-"

"And why should we listen to you? How do we know you're not just tricking us?" She snapped at me.

"We are the ones with tape around our wrists and ankles. We are the ones being held hostage. If you keep us alive for all three days, we'll help you transport your money."

"Lauren are you cra-"

"Yes, Brad. I am crazy. I'm crazy about my fucking life. I'm crazy about my future. The only thing I'm not crazy about is you."

Those words couldn't have hurt him too bad. He needed to know. The only thing he could do was look away.

"Fine, we'll keep you alive." She slowly walked to me and squatted down to my level, getting as close to my face as possible. "But if any one of you gets out of line, all of you will be kicked to the curb. Got it?" I nodded.

"Now, since Mr. Swollen balls over here has more company heading our way, and Ms. Captain over there has a brilliant plan that will keep us all alive for the next 72 hours, everyone will stay here until we have a plan made up."

"I have a suggestion." I heard Dinah say. "Since we'll be here a while, why don't we introduce ourselves, the proper way." She looked at the dark skinned girl dead in the eyes. I knew this was coming.

"How about everyone stays quiet while I make this phone call?" Ms. Liberty got up and walked out of the room.

-