four

Day before the Purge.
9:00 P.M.

Your POV

"Hey mom."

"Oh hey sweetie! Come on in guys, make yourself at home."

The crew and I came over to my mom's house to have a family dinner together before the violent holiday. We do this so we can take our mind off of it and relax a little.

I looked around and didn't see my little brother in sight.

"Where's Brendan at?"

"He's in his room, he said he didn't feel good." She said while started making our plates.

"Ma'am, where's the bathroom at?" Zayn asked while crossing his legs so he won't pee on himself.

"Call me Ally, honey. Upstairs, last door on the right."

"Thank you!" He ran up the stairs as fast as he could and then down the hallway.

"I'll help you set the table, Ally." Camila offered. While they did that, I went upstairs to see what was really wrong with Brendan.

I walked down the hall and stood in his doorway. He was laying on the floor, playing with his toy cars and making engine sounds.

Knowing he didn't even notice me in his room, I walked over to him and sat down on the soft carpet, crossing my legs like a little kid.

"Hey, bud." I spoke in a soft, low tone.

"Hi."

"You okay?"

He nodded his head, but I wasn't buying it.

"I know you like the back of my hand, kid. C'mere, tell me what's up." I opened my arms out for him, and he quickly sat in my lap.

"Troy doesn't like me."

"What makes you say that?"

"Him and mommy got in a fight. I heard him say he doesn't like me and you."

Now that I know they still fight, I'll be talking to my mom later.

"Troy doesn't like anyone, that's why he's such a mean person. Plus, just because one person doesn't like you, that doesn't mean everyone doesn't like you. You wanna know what they call those mean people?"

He looked up at me with curious eyes.

"Haters."

"What's a hater?" He asked while scratching his nose.

"A hater is someone who doesn't like you because you're better than them. It sounds weird, but as you get older, you'll understand what I mean." He nodded his head.

There was a moment of silence until the little boy spoke his mind again.

"He doesn't like to do stuff with me or get me anything like mommy does."

"Like what?"

"Well, he doesn't like to play cars with me or watch movies with me like you do. He watches TV but not with me. At school, my friends get new toys because their parents get them, but I always bring my old toys."

Hearing all this from him broke my heart. I can't imagine what goes on inside his head.

"Listen little bro, once this holiday is over, I will buy you as many toys as you want. Whatever you want to get, I'll buy it for you, I promise."

He looked me dead in the eye and held out his pinkie. I wrapped mine around his and kissed my hand as he did the same.

"Also, if you ever want to watch a movie, tell mommy to call me and I'll be right over. If you don't want to watch them here, we can watch movies at my place, okay?"