fifteen - maybe it will get better

Lances POV

FlashBack - 5 years ago

   Not long after my parents death, Veronica tried killing herself and one time succeeded. Luis became very isolated. My family described me as the only happy one out of the rest of us but little did they know, I was worse then all of them I'll get more into that later. Marco didn't even act the same around his kids after our parents and grandparents death. Rachel, well, she just left our family in all and created a new beginning for herself. Dante and Sofia (Marcos kids) always asked Marco if he was alright. I can tell he was putting on a fake smile for them. He lied. His wife didn't ever seem alright either, every morning she would have more and more bruises on her arms and legs. I never asked her what happened cause I was just scared. Was Marco beating her? Or was she harming herself? Maybe she just falls off the bed everyday and easily gets bruised.

One day Marcos wife walked in my room when I had a razor in my hand. I was deciding if I should harm, or save it for worse. "Lance." She Said as she sat next to me. She took the razor out of my hand and pulled me in for a hug. "I know you may feel alone right now but I'm always here if you need to talk or anything." She whispered into my ear. I continued to cry, it was to much to hold back. She pulled away slowly. "Lance what made you want to harm?" I looked away. I can feel her eyes on my face. I just couldn't look her in the face when I was going to say how I was feeling, maybe cause I've never felt so hurt all at once. "I don't want to be the strong one anymore. I'm not! I've always felt this way even when Mamá and Papa was alive just not this bad! I've always had anxiety something bad would happen I just didn't say anything. I jinxed it. Maybe if I stayed home none of this would have happened. If Abuela or Abuelo didn't live with us maybe none of this would of happened." Tears started to fall like a rainstorm I couldn't stop them. She picked my head up and wiped my tears. "All we can do now is be strong. I get that we all have our weaknesses but we can overcome them and face facts. No one lives forever," I looked back down. "Lance we all love you here and you can always talk to us. You're not alone." She Said. "I know everyone says that." I Said quietly. She rubbed my back. "How about you go do laundry with me to take your mind off this." She replied. I nodded my head yes and followed her. I think now I earned myself a good person in my life.