Chapter 12

"So this is the girl room and that the boy room?" Calum asked, holding tins of paint in his hand.

"Does it matter?" I laughed, "They're both the same size."

"Okay," he shrugged, dropping the pink paint in the corner. I opened the pack of brushes and set it down with it before following him into what would be our room.

"It feels good to have more space," I smiled, walking over to where he was standing by the window.

"Everything feels good." He smiled, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer.

"We should start painting." I pulled his hand leading him into one of the bedrooms.

After a while he finally managed to get the paint open and poured into a tray, he handed me a roller and I started rolling the pink paint on of the walls.

"You have to go in the same direction Cal, you can't do that." I corrected him, taking hold of his hand and showing home, "It'll look messy when it all dries."

"It'll look messy." He mimicked, "Sorryyyy Little Miss Art Freak."

"I'm not an art freak." I gasped, letting go and moving back to my own spot.

"Well didn't you like paint like crazy in high school?"

"It was a hobby," I agreed, "I'm just saying that it'll be all streaky and look really bad if you do it like that."

"Yeah yeah yeah," he smirked.

"Stop smirking," I laughed.

"Why do I look good when I do that?" He smirked again, walking towards me.

"Stop," I laughed, pushing him away.

"Why? Does this...turn you on?" He whispered.

"Jesus Christ Calum,"

"Let's not bring him into this now,"

He gently pushed me against the wall and kissed my kneck, when he pulled back, his eyes still shut, I lifted my paint rolled and painted down his face.

He opened his mouth in shock, "You did not just do that."

"Oh I'm sorry, it looks like I just did?" I shrugged.

"If you want to play like that," he smiled, "That's fine then."

Every word he took on those final three words he brushed my face with his wet paintbrush.

He slowly walked away to another wall laughing proudly to himself,I dunked my hands in the paint knowing I'd probably regret it later and walked over to him.

"You're so beautiful you know that," I teased, placing both my hands on his chest, "And that jawline?" I moved my hands up to his jaw and caressed it smoothly.

Paint or no paint he was enjoying it and you could see the pain in his eyes.

He pulled me close and put his hands up the back of my top, I giggled at how much it tickled and put my head on his shoulder as my knees bent beneath me, "Stop." I giggled, "You know that tickles." I breathlessly spoke, still laughing.

He let go, his hands pink with paint as I mentally cursed him for covering my back in paint.

I quickly ran across the room and grabbed my own paints before climbing up the ladder to reach the top of the wall, I sat at the top and crossed my legs giggling before starting to carefully paint the top, trying not to get it on the ceiling.

"Can you please pass me that small brush? I can't get in the corners."

"Nope." Calum giggled, "I think we're at a safe distance from each other to be honest."