Chapter 8

"This is amazing," Calum smiled as we walked back to paediatrics so I could change out of my scrubs.

"It is," I agreed, "It's crazy though."

I inserted the staff pin at the entrance and pushed the door open, letting us inside.

"It's still pretty amazing."

"I've never seen you so excited," I laughed, pushing his shoulder.

"And you're not?"

"Of course I am, this is the only thing i've looked forward to in life. I've only ever wanted to have a family of my own and settle down and be with people who i'm happy around."

"I hope you have that..."

"Of course I do." I nodded as we rounded to the reception where Jess sat.

"I didn't think you were coming back?" She smiled, looking up at us.

" I'm not, I left in a rush and I need to get changed," I smirked, referring to my scrubs.

"Well considering you're here can you do me a massive favour?" She pleaded.

"It depends," I sighed, "I'm not really supposed to be here."

"Your patient that got her appendix out this morning had to get a blood transfusion and she's unsettled about it and Jenny has to stay with her so she doesn't get angrier and she only listens to you so can you please go in and see her when you're changed?"

"Yes." I nodded, "Of course."

I pulled Calum's arm and we walked towards the staff room where the lockers and staff kitchen was. I rolled my pin on the locker and pulled out my clothes, "I'll be two seconds with the little girl, I promise." I called to Calum as I changed in one of the cubicles.

"Don't worry about it, I said to the boys we'd meet them at like 12:30 anyway and it's only quarter to 12."

I pulled my dress over my head and fixed my shoes and hair before walking back out and flinging my scrubs in my locker with the other set and locking up.

I left Calum with Jess, much to his dismay and walked into the little girls room. She smiled brightly and tried to sit up when I walked in, "Hi sweety, how are you feeling?" I smiled.

"I'll come in soon." Jenny smiled, getting up and leaving.

The little girl clutched tightly to the tube coming from the blood bag, "I heard you don't like this bag?" She shook her head sadly and clutched tighter.

"Well I don't think it likes being held like this," I took her hand away from it, scared she'd pull it down and placed it next to her gently.

"It hurts." She muttered.

"I don't think it really hurts, I think you think it hurts...it's making you a lot better and it's giving you the blood that you need because without that you won't get better and it'll take a long time before you can go home to your friends."

"But it looks disgusting."

"It is pretty disgusting," I agreed, "But sometimes we need disgusting things, I had yukky medicines when I was a little girl but they made me all better."

"But the nurse said that I have this because I don't have enough blood but if I cut my finger then I have plenty blood."

"It's a bit more complicated than that," I smiled, "But if you have it I promise you'll get better and you'll get home and by the looks of things you only have another hour left of this."

"I do." She nodded, "And you have your DVD and nurse Jenny is sitting with you and your Mummy will be here soon so I promise it'll be over and done with as soon possible."

"BUT I DONT WANT IT." She screamed, yanking at the tube.

The bag fell to the ground and exploded everywhere. I pressed the nurse assistance button and started to try calm the girl down.

She kicked her hands in the air and flung her arms wildly, Jenny and Jess came running over and started to help me. Another nurse came in with a new blood bag and started setting that up, "Maybe we should try sedating her while she gets the blood so she's not so restless?" I suggested and the nurses agreed.

I grabbed and anaesthetic tray from a trolley by the window and tested it quickly before inserting it into her hand quickly, she resisted us for a few moments longer before her eyes shut and her body fell limp.

We set up the new bag and timer and called the cleaners for the blood, our job was done.

"You probably shouldn't of got changed," Jess laughed as we left the room. I looked down at the completely blood splattered dress and sighed.

"She really didn't want that blood," I smiled as I walked past a shocked Calum.

I quickly changed into my scrubs and converse again and washed up before walking back out, "I'll see you on Tuesday Jess."

"Goodbye." She laughed as we left.

"What the hell happened?"

"The blood bag burst when she pulled it down and we had to like sedate her and it was just a complete mess."

* * * * * *

"Sorry we're late, " I smiled, sitting down at the booth as we met with the rest of the band for lunch, "I had a bit of an emergency at the hospital."

"It's ok," They all shrugged, "We were held up too."

The waitress came over and took our orders before leaving again.

"So how was your appointment?" Ashton smiled.

"It was good." I nodded, adding a smile.

"Just good?" Luke laughed

"We're having twins." Calum smiled.

"WHAT?" They all exclaimed, making me jump. "THIS IS AMAZING."

"Do you know like..what they are?"

"Badgers." Calum smirked.

"Calum told the nurse they looked like badgers to cover up his crying."

"I was not crying...the sun was in my eyes." He smirked, "But it's a girl and a boy."

"Wait, so you're getting both a son and a daughter, you'r emoving house and you're getting married?" Michael confirmed, we nodded our heads smiling.

"You guys this is like a happy ever after," Luke awwed.

"It is," I nodded.

"I'm happy and all but i'm happy that we can turn your kids into little punk things." Ashton laughed.

I rolled my eyes and took a drink of my water.

"What?" Michael laughed at my reaction, "You didn't think we wouldn't did you?"

"No I knew you would," I nodded, "I just can't wait to see what you'll actually do."