Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Eva?"

I turned around to be greeted by my sister, I wrapped her in a hug breathing in the smell she's kept for years.

"You've not changed a bit," she smiled as we left the airport.

"Where's everybody else? I was looking forward to seeing my only nephew."

"What are you talking about?" She laughed, "Paul has a son,"

"As far as Paul's concerned I'm not his sister so in his eyes I'm not his aunty."

"Well you can sort that tonight, Dad invited us over for dinner...just the 5 of us like it used to be."

"Yeah like it used to be, Kristin you're the only one out of us all that speaks to me this isn't a good idea." I replied, shaking it off and sitting in my car.

"Stop being such a drama queen, let's go shopping for the day and have a proper catch up."

"Not much has happened with me," I sighed "Nothing you don't already know."

"How is Calum? When's he back from his tour?"

"He's good and 11 weeks." I sighed, "He only left 2 weeks ago."

"That's still an extremely long time, what do you do?"

"Work." I laughed, "That's all I do, I work 10 hour shifts a day and then I come home and we skype and I eat and then I go to bed then it's the same the next day...apart from a Sunday...there hasn't been a Sunday yet so I don't know what I'll do." I sighed.

* * * * *

I slipped my jeans and flannel on and touched up my hair. I wasn't bothered on what I was wearing to my Dad's because quite frankly nobody would care.

Kristin had left early and it was up to me to turn up myself.

Of course, If Calum was to come it'd be a lot easier.

I drove to his house as slow as I could and pulled up in the driveway. I took a deep breath and walked up the path, slowly knocking on the door.

"Eva." My Dad nodded letting me inside.

"Dad..." I replied quietly as he let me

"It's good to see you," He muttered as I followed him through the house.

"You too" I lied.

"What's she doing here?" Paul, my eldest brother exclaimed standing up.

"Shut up and sit down," Jonathan, my other brother shouted, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him down.

"Don't tell me you're happy with her being here, she's fucked off all these years and-"

I zoned out from the rest of his ramble and looked cautiously around the room. Anything I said could trigger some form of explosion and I quite frankly was stuck.

"It's nice to see you too." I smiled politely, sitting beside Kristin.

I knew this was a bad idea and I was completely starting to regret all of this in the first place.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." I whispered to Kristin.

"Maybe you're right."

"Everybody stop arguing and get into the dining room."

Everybody followed his orders and walked into the dining room, I hung back meaning I had to sit next to Paul which neither of us were happy about.