94

Khia
"Goodmorning babe",I said up under the sheets next to him. He rubbed his eyes and said,"morning babygirl."
"So does this mean we good?",I asked him running my hand through his chest feeling his 6 pack.
"We still gotta talk",he said with a smirk.
"I thought we talked last night."
He gave me a look that let me know we wasn't all good after last night.
He sat up and got off the bed and sat on the gray ottoman across from the bed.
I sat up under the sheets and was ready for whatever he was about to say to me.
"What's ya status with your boy trey?"
"We don't have one",I simply said.
"I don't need the right answers right now Khia. Just keep it a hundred with me. You wanna go back to him?"
"No. I want to be with you."
"I'm giving you a chance now to escape this relationship and go back to him",he said looking me in the eye.
"I don't want to escape. I wanna be with you."
"Ight So here's what's gonna go down",he said. I listened attentively.
"You ain't goin to ebony house no more. If y'all gotta meet up somewhere, so be it."
"I'm sorry. Are you my dad now or somethin?",I said crossing my arms.
"I'm this close from walking away from this relationship Khia. Try me",he said.
"Your definitely controlling me though."
"I'm not controlling you Khia. Cause if I was, you would've been locked up in this house and couldn't go nowhere. Sex can't fix anything and idk who taught you it could but it can't."
"I don't know why we're having this convo. Because I'm not gonna take the blame for your trust issues."
"Don't put me in a position not to trust you then",he said getting up and going to the bathroom. He was acting like a real pussy if you asked me. After a great time we had last night, I would think he would be all over me but I was sadly mistaken. I could apologize but for what? Trey said what he said, I had nothing to do with that. I came to ebony house to get my last things and leave. I took my phone and texted ebony to meet me at the nearest Starbucks so we could talk after tiago goes to work. While he was getting ready, we didn't speak much unless we had to. I reached for the remote and turned the tv on.
"Ight I'm out",he said.
"Wait up",I said fixing his tie that was lopsided.
"Thank you baby",he said and kissed me on the lips.
"What do you want to eat when you get back home?"
"I'll pick you up. We can eat out tonight babe."
"Okay",I said as I watched him leave. The moment he left, I called ebony up.
I asked her to come over instead cause it was raining outside and I did not feel like going out. I got up and took a shower and made breakfast for ebony and I when she comes. Moments later, the doorbell rung and boy was she ringing the hell out of that bell.
Girl I heard it the first time",I said opening the door. She laughed and said, "smells good in here. What you cooking us?"
"Breakfast. I figured you didn't eat yet cause I haven't",I said puttin her plate of food in front of her.
"So wasup? I know you didn't bring me here to feed me",she joked.
"Girl remember that fight trey and Tiago got in to?"
"Which one? They always fighting",she said joking.
"Recent. In your driveway."
"Yeah."
"Tiago been flipping his shxt lately."
"That's to be expected. What he do?"
"He tryna control me."
"How?"
"He was like he don't want me going over to your house no more. If we gotta meet, we gotta find a mutual place to meet."
Ebony almost chocked on a piece of bacon.
"Your lyin",she said laughing.
"No I'm dead serious. He thinks he's my dad or somethin."
"See I knew this would happen. He tryna control you now that y'all live under the same roof."
"You think that's it?"
"It's a big part of it. When y'all get married it's gonna get worse. All these dudes wanna do is control women cause they know if we independent it's over for them."
"I don't think Tiago is like that",I said
"Tiago has a car right? Why hasn't he taught you how to drive?"
"Cause I haven't asked him."
"Alright so ask him and see what he says."
I thought about what she said and I'll give it a try.
"So what if he does have a control issue? What then?",I asked her.
"I could tell you to break up with him but I wouldn't be a good friend if I did. Just confront him about it. If y'all do decide to get married in the future though, that control issue gotta bounce."
"Yeah I feel you. He's not about to be controlling me like that."
"Did trey control you?",she asked me.
"No cause I never was his actual girl."
"Trey don't got a controlling bone in his body I'll tell you that",she said so comfortably around me.
"I know. We was friends for years",I said with a little attitude.
"I'm sorry",she said looking down.
"It's cool but be honest with me though. What made you go for my ex though?"
"Trey is smart, he got his stuff together, got his own place, car, independent, a gentleman."
"Did you feel bad dating him after you knew I was with him?"
"Yeah the entire time but I thought I loved him and he made it real hard for a girl not to."
"What did he tell you about me?"
"Nothing."
I gave her a 'you lyin' face.
"He didn't say much about you. Every time I bring you up, he refuses to talk about you. This one time I caught him looking at this picture he had of you under his bed. This dude was looking at your picture for hours. He thought I was asleep but I wasn't. I was jealous of you to be honest."
"Why? I was a whole sidechick."
"He only had eyes for you though even while we was dating, that's disrespectful."
"Well he had his chance. 4 years to be exact."
"Would you go back if you could?"
"No. Cause I found someone that's better."
"Yeah. Santiago is a good man."
"This guy has literally seen me at my worse and fell in love with me even though I wasn't ready."
"All thanks to me for dragging your behind to his party."
We both laughed as I reminisced that night.