61

"Are you working 4th of July, Karla?",i asked her when I just clocked in for work.
"You know it. I need the money. Are you?",she asked leaning on the wall with her clipboard in hand.
"She didn't put me on the schedule",I said checking the schedule and looking at my hours on the wall.
"Well don't complain. I wish I was you. What are you doing that day?"
"I don't even know. Lately, I haven't been in the right mind frame to even think of going to a party."
"I know your man gonna have a kickback or somethin. Those Dominicans will find any occasion to cook some bbq outside and drink",she said laughing causing me to laugh too.
"Your so right. But he hasn't told me anything yet so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. But if he does, you wanna come?"
"I'd love to but I can't. I gotta 3 year old daughter at home."
"Bring her with you. I'm sure their will be kids there to play with."
"I'll think about it."
"Good enough for me",I said walking into my office. I sipped on my vanilla chai tea
And began assessing the tasks of the day that I had to do. Thank God my manager wasn't in today and we had Dr. Sylvia.

Santiago
After dropping lil mama off at work, I had a couple errands to run myself. Opening the restaurant with my keys, I seen the contractor and his guys working on the kitchen set up.
"Santiago, qué pasó?",Louis said. He was the main contractor i hired to get this place looking official.
"Nothing much. I like what I see man",i said checking out the size of the kitchen. It was real spacious.
"Yea? Well i gotta give you what you pay for man."
"Yea and it wasn't cheap neither",I said chuckling.
"So where we at with this?",I asked him.
"Today we gonna finish up the kitchen and start the bar tomorrow."
"Ight just remember I gotta deadline here. I need to launch this restaurant by September 1st."
I chose to do the grand opening on khia's birthday since it fall on a Saturday. Have the grand opening in the afternoon and throw her a party that same night.
It was about 3 months away and I didnt have time to waste.
"No problem. We'll have this done in a month."
"Ight don't make no promises you can't keep, Louis."
I dapped him up and left the restaurant. Just then my phone rang, It was my dad.
"Hijo, donde esta?"
"I just left the restaurant."
"I need you to go by Home Depot and get a lawn mower so you can do the lawn when you get here."
"Dad i got a million things to handle today . You can't handle that another day?"
"Did you forget tomorrow is the American holiday? July 4th?"
I put my hand to my head as I sat in my car. I forgot about that and I know the fam usually do a get together on that day.
"Okay. I'll stop by",I said and hung up. It was like my dad to send me out to do his personal errands and ignore my own. I started the engine and headed downtown to a Home Depot nearby.

Trey
"Damn Girl. You must be a beginner at this. Get up",i said to the girl I met in the club a couple nights ago. Girl pretty for no reason, can't even put that mouth of hers to use.
"I didn't mean to bite you",she said.
"It's cool. We done here, put your clothes on close the front door behind you",i said. Getting off my bed, I went to the bathroom to go take me a shower and let the warm water hit my back. I close my eyes and I just keep seeing images of Khia in my head. I can't seem to get away from this girl for a second. Ever since she left me, I've just been bouncing from one girl to the next. I ain't love these girls like I did Khia. Hopping out the shower, I tried calling Khia but she didn't answer. I knew she told me she ain't leaving her dude but I know she still loves me. I called her again and she answered this time.
"Khia."
"Who's this?",she answered.
"Girl stop playin with me",I said laughing.
"What do you want?"
"I can't call to say hi?"
"You can't call me at all. If we need to talk, then I'll call you. That's how that goes, trey."
"You never used to talk to me like that",i said with a smirk.
"Things change."
"I see."
"So is this why you called? Or is there a actual reason your calling?"
"I miss you, girl."
"Trey please miss me with that bs. If your gonna keep doing stuff like this, I can find another lawyer to handle my case."
"Ight I'm sorry",i said.
"Hello?",i said when I didn't hear anything on the other line. Damn. I threw my phone on the floor. I'm really losin this girl.