32

"You got your toothbrush? Charger? Packed extra panties? Pads? You know your period don't ever come on time",my mom came in my room to say.
"Mom seriously?"
"Do I look like in playin?"
"I'm fine. I packed everything mom. I'll miss you too",I said smiling.
"Make sure you get your passport."
"Okay."
She put my Louis Vuitton suitcase downstairs while I was checking my grades on my MacBook. It's only been a week since we've been out of school for the summer vacay but I've been glued to the school's website to see my final grades for the semester and I still haven't found anything. This was the make or break of this trip with Santiago. My mood was riding on this. Moments later, Santiago was downstairs putting my suitcase in the van. I grabbed my MacBook and headphones and phone and put it in my big Michael Kors purse. I looked at my room for the last time and closed the door behind me. Santiago waited for me downstairs while making small talk with my mom. I was happy that they got along.
"Tiago. I'm ready",i said smiling and hugging him.
"You sure look ready. Check you out with the shades",he said looking at me from head to toe and smiling.
"Oh I forgot I had these on",I said fixing them in my hair. My mom and him laughed. I hugged my mom one last time and she almost cried.
"I'm trusting you with my daughter. Anything happens to her, I'm coming after you. She's all I've got",she threatens Santiago.
"She's all I've got too so I'll make sure she's around me at all times",he said hugging her. Santiago led me to the van where his family was and I watched as my mom waved to all of us. She looked so sad but I know she'll be alright. I greeted everyone together when I hopped in the van and wondered where I was gonna sit because it was so packed. Santiago opened the passenger door for me and I sat there while he sat in the driver seat. He started up the engine and let 'se preparó' blast through the speakers. The drive to the airport was a long 2 hour drive that I almost fell asleep. Once we got there, Santiago helped us all out of the van and his dad and him took out all the luggage. Once he unloaded the van, he gave the keys to a middle aged looking man. "Baby come here",Santiago called me over.
"This is one of my uncles. José is his name. Unc, this is my girlfriend Khia since you've been dyin to meet her",he said smiling. I shook his hand. I didn't know much Spanish but I knew a little.
"Hola cómo está?"
"Bien y tú?",he said excitedly.
"Bien gracias."
Santiago was surprised and was in awe.
"What? I had to practice something before I meet the fam",I said looking at him. He kissed me on the cheek and gave the keys to his uncle.
"I had no idea you was practicing. You sound sexy when you speak Spanish",he said taking my suitcase for me.
"Thank you baby." We went to baggage claim and got our bags checked. Then we went through security & that took a while. There's a lot of people traveling out of country this summer. As we walked together, Santiago holding my hand, I took the opportunity to tell him that I wasn't liking the vibe his mom was giving me. She hasn't said a word to me. Maybe I was reading too much into it.
"Your mom's giving me weird vibes. What's that about, tiago?",I asked him.
"Nothing. Don't worry about it."
"I have to. She's your mom, I know she doesn't like me but I want her too."
"I appreciate that baby but your not obligated to be on the list of people she likes."
"Okay." When we got to our gate, we all sat and Santiago decided to sit a little far off from his family. I took my MacBook out of my purse and got online trying to find nearby WiFi. I checked on the school website again to see my final grades and they still wasn't up. I sighed.
"What's up bae?",Santiago asked me.
"How long does it take to upload grades? I thought Friday was the deadline to put them in",i complained.
"Your on vacation and your checking grades? Your somethin else baby",Santiago smirked putting his arm around my chair.
"I'm sorry I'm eager to know my grades and your not."
"That's cause I'm confident of whatever grade I have. I'm sure you passed all your classes. I bet you gonna open it and you got all A's."
"I hope so."
"As brilliant as you are, I know so."
"Aww thank you baby",i smiled at him.
He took what looked like a inhaler and put it in his mouth. I had no idea he had asthma.
"I didn't know you had asthma babe",I told him.
"Yeah i don't tell people I have it."
"Why?"
"Shows you weak."
"What? I've never heard of that before. Your annoying",I said laughing.
"Why I've never seen your inhaler before?",I asked him.
"I mean I never leave home without it. It's always in my pocket."
"Idk how I missed that. My baby has asthma. That's cute",I said laughing.
"That ain't cute when I can't breathe",he said chuckling.
"Don't worry I'll give you mouth to mouth",I said. He busted out laughing, "yo I can't with you."
"You smoke so ..how does that work?",i asked him.
"How you know i smoke?",he said looking at me with a raised eyebrow.
"I heard you do. But I don't know if it's true or not cause you've never done it around me."
"That's cause you don't look like the type to condone smoking around you."
"How do i look?"
"You a good girl. I don't do certain stuff around you."
"Oh really? Like what?",i said moving his arm from behind me. He chuckled and put it back around me.
"Like curse, smoke, drink, I'm talkin bottles, i carry a glock in my car that you don't know about."
"What. Your dealing now too?"
"Relax baby I don't sniff nor sell nothin."
"So why do you have a glock in your car?"
"Just in case anything goes down babe. I have a license to carry my love. I'm not out here doin nothing illegal",he said looking at me.
"Let me see it",I said not convinced. He reached in his back pocket and pulled out the card.
"Is this real?",i said still not believing him. He chuckled and shook his head.
"Yes it's real baby."
"I'm not laughing",I said.
"You know what kind of background I'm from. Don't be out here doing stuff",I said looking at me.
"I promise I'm not bae."
"So what do you smoke? Cigarettes?"
"Nah baby. Only thing I smoke is weed from time to time and I have a vapor but that's about it."
"Smoking isn't good period. Especially in your condition. You have asthma."
"I know babe. But it doesn't effect me when I do it."
I crossed my arms and asked no more questions cause I fear if I do, I'll find out more than I want to know.
"You still love me?",he said pulling my face to him.
"Yea. That doesn't change but I wish you just didn't do those things",I said.
"I'll try my best not baby. Give me a kiss",he said and we kissed.