9

Khia
I thank God this was the last class of the week because I was already drained from anatomy itself. I looked at the time and I was already running late anyways so I decided to do my make up and wear a red lip today. I put on my dark jeans and half top and paired it with a blazer. I put my belly button ring in and wore my black hush puppies (ankle boots).
Once I got to school, the hallways were cleared. There was not a person in sight. I rushed and walked into the classroom hoping that my teacher wouldn't notice me slipping in. She ended up seeing me anyway and marked me tardy but luckily she didn't start lecturing yet so I didn't miss anything important. A one hour and 30 minute class felt like a full 2 hour class. Although she lectured, the topic was still a bore. My phone vibrated in my purse. I took my phone out and it was a text from Santiago. I read it and it said 'didn't see you come in, Are you in class today?'
I answered, 'yea I came late. Missed me?'
He answered,'siempre. Meet you in the cafe after class'
I put my phone away and smiled like a crazy girl. After my class was done, I decided to stop by the restroom to see how I was looking. I fixed my hair a bit and applied a second coat of lipstick on my lips.
"Hey stranger",ebony walked in.
"I am not a stranger but hey." We hugged each other.
"Who you looking all cute for? Santiago?"
"How'd you know?"
"Girl, everyone sees y'all together in the hallways kickin it. People talkin and you guys are the hot topic around here."
"How do they even know?"
"A friend told a friend. Girl you know gossip runs around here like fire."
"Well whatever they saying I hope it's all factual."
"I doubt it. So y'all together or no?"
"Girl I have no idea. Soon as I find out, you'll be the first to know",I said laughing.
"I better be. I would hate to hear it from the streets instead of you",she said.
"I gotta go. He's waiting for me in the cafeteria right now",I said and hugged her again. When I got to the cafeteria, I saw Santiago sitting at a table near the vending machine. He got up to meet me halfway and pulled me into a hug.
"Hey",I said.
"Hey",he smiled.
"What they got for lunch today?"
"Oh I already checked, nothing you'll want to eat",he said.
"Dang."
"You got another class after this?"
"No this my only class today."
"Ight wanna get somethin to eat at chick fil a?"
"Yeah sounds good",I said. He looked at me and smiled again. I knew it was kinda awkward between us because we still haven't talked about what he pulled on me at his job's event. We've been avoiding the topic for about two weeks now and now I'm hearing its news around the school that we together or kickin it. Whatever that meant.
"You got all dressed up for me?",he said with a smirk.
"Boy you wish. I got dressed up for myself thank you very much",I smiled.
"Well you look good."
"I know thanks."
"You feelin yourself today huh."
"I'm always feeling myself",I said.
"I'm always feeling ya too",he said. I looked at him and said,"chick fil a."
So he didn't forget the task at hand which was taking me to chick fil a so we could get something to eat cause I skipped breakfast this morning. He walked me out and when we was outside, I saw trey posted in front of the entrance. Looked like he was waiting on someone, hope it wasn't me because last I heard from him, he picked his girl over me so I don't know why he was here. I walked past him and I could feel him staring me down.
"Oh so you don't talk now?",trey said. I turned around and said,"hi."
"Can we talk?",he asked.
"Here? Now? No",I said and continued to walk towards Santiago car. He opened his car door open for me and could tell I didn't want to talk about what just happened. On the ride to chick fil a, we didn't talk the whole ride there. "You wanna do drive thru or eat in?",he asked me.
"We can go inside."
We went inside and ate in. It took a couple minutes to get our food. I ordered a 12 count Chick-fil-A nugget meal and he ordered a spicy chicken sandwich meal.
"So who was that? Ya boyfriend?",he asked biting into his sandwich.
"No. I told you I didn't have one",I said opening the bbq sauce packet.
"That's what I thought but the way he was talkin to you, I thought he was. He too young to be your dad so I assumed he was your boyfriend",he said.
"He's definitely not my dad. It's complicated."
"We gonna be here for a while so I got time if you wanna tell me."
"Him and I were best friends and then we tried to do the relationship thing but it didn't work when our parents found out about us. None of the parents liked each other and it caused conflict."
"That's to be expected though in any relationship. Family may not get along",he said taking a sip of his coke.
"Yeah but I guess his family was not having it between me and him so he broke it off and we just tried to remain our friendship. A year later, he got himself another girl."
"A year? Y'all got some history then."
"Yea 4 years."
"Oh okay."
"So he found himself a girl. Because we're friends and we respect each other, he kept it real with me and told me he's gonna start dating this girl. So I'm like ok cool whatever but in the back of my mind I still love this guy and he still loved me. We just couldn't be together. So this new girl, his family loves her and he's a family guy so she won him over with her family. Long story short, he stay telling me he loves me but he never chose me over her regardless of what his family thinks",I explained.
"So hold up. You and him are friends but y'all both got feelings for each other. He has a girl now and isn't willing to break that off because of his family. He chose her and his family over you."
"Yeah. I'm kinda like the side chick to him",I said looking down.
"Your waiting to be his main",he said.
"I don't know what I'm doing at this point."
"Why you still choosing to be that type a girl?",he asked with a confused look on his face.
"I love him. There's like no other explanation. I hate the situation, I hate being in this position but I just still have hope."
"This makes a lot of sense now. All those hints I gave you, I even told you I wanted to pursue you, I even kissed you on purpose and you didn't jump at the opportunity."
"Like I said, I'm damaged goods...why would you want a girl that chooses to be a sidechick?"
"Because I want her to know what if feels like to be my main girl",he said lifting my face up with his hand.
"Your so beautiful and broken inside but no one can tell because you hide it. You don't have to be a sidechick anymore if you don't want to Khia. You have that option but if you want to be the main girl, that's another option too..with me",he said looking at me.

Author's note
Im back at it again with another story.  How do you guys like it so far? Let me know by liking the star below on your favorite chapters and comment your thoughts. Thank you guys for reading