7

Santiago
Man waking up for these 8:00 classes ain't no joke but I knew I couldn't miss another day. I rolled myself over to the other side of my bed and checked my oversized iphone 7plus. I went on social media and checked my messages and dms. 56 likes over 1 night? That's crazy. Let me know I still got it. I hit the search tab to try to find Khia' instagram but I couldn't. Today I was gonna make it a mission to get her number. Been talkin to her for a couple weeks now and she seem cool. I went to my closet and see if I can pick out a fit for today. I stepped on a paper and picked it up. Damn , my job was having a 3rd year anniversary event dinner and I forgot about it. It's this Saturday and I had the option to bring a plus one. I should ask Khia if she'll go with me but I don't know if she would want to. Doesn't hurt to ask though. I picked out a pair of jeans and a white t with my brown tims. I took a shower and got dressed. Looked at the time and it was 7:30, I had 30 mins to get to class on time so I grabbed my backpack and my keys and I was out.

After class I had hour break in between.
"Tiago, sup man",my homeboy Juan called out. We dapped each other up.
"Some of the guys and I gonna go shoot some hoops at the gym. You down?",he asked me.
"Nah I'll catch up with y'all later tho",I said remembering that I needed to be at Khia' class to catch her before she leaves.
"Ight man. Let me find out you blowin us off over some chick."
"Nah",I said lying out my teeth and laughing. I walked out to my car and drove to the life science building which wasn't too far from my building.
I parked near the entrance and walked inside.
"Hey Santiago",this Puerto Rican girl said to me.
"Sup",i said and kept walking. I got stares from majority of the girls in the hallway and I was diggin that.
I turned the corner and took a flight of stairs to reach khia's class and I arrived just in time because everyone was just getting out. Everyone except Khia so I peeked in and she was still in her seat writing down some last couple of notes I guess. I watched her as she was so focused and in her element. It's something about her that I liked but I couldn't quite figure that out yet that's why I'm trying to get to know her to figure it out and decide if she gonna be main or not. She put her notebook in her large purse and walked out to join me. "Hey",she said.
"Hey are you always the last one to get out of your class?",I asked her.
"How long have you been standing there?",she said smiling.
"About 30 mins. Nah I'm just playin",I said laughing.
"Good. I didn't realize you was out here though."
"I did tell you that you gonna be seeing me often",I said grabbing her textbooks.
"Your true to your word."
"Siempre."
"Okay so if your gonna talk to me in Spanish. I have to know what your saying Santiago",she said laughing.
"Don't worry. I'll teach you. Siempre means always."
"Siempe?",she said. She sounded cute but mispronounced the word which made me laugh a bit.
"Siempre. Roll your tongue on the r's."
"Siempre."
"Yeah now you sound like you know what you talking about",I said smiling. She laughed and smiled. Her smile was warm and genuine. I led her to the cafeteria and sat at a nearby table just the two of us.
"So I have this event at work that I have to go to this weekend. We're celebrating a 3 year anniversary I think and I have to attend cause I work there and I can have a plus one. Would you like to join me?",i asked nervously.
"Are you basically asking me out on a date?"
"It's not really considered our first date cause I got plans for that in the future."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah."
"Yes I'll go with you. What time?"
"I'll pick you up at 7 sharp."
"Okay I'll get ready at like 6."
"You take a hour to look this good?",I asked
"As if you didn't already know",she said laughing.

Khia
Santiago made it a habit of dropping me off after school and I was grateful for that. He stopped a block away from my house because he didn't want me or him to get in trouble by my strict mom.
"So when can I meet the moms?",he said as we sat in the car.
"You want to meet my mom?"
"Yea why you sound so surprised?"
"Cause nobody's ever asked me that before."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"My mom's strict."
"I'm great with moms so I don't think she'll chew me out."
"You got a lot of confidence",I said laughing and opening the door to get out the car.
"Before you leave, can I have your number?",he asked me.
"I was wondering what took you so long",I said joking. I gave him my number.
"Hold up let me call you to make sure it ain't a fake number",he said. My phone rang when he called and I said,"oh my gosh. Bye."
He waved to me through his window and he watched me enter my house. I could feel his eyes checking me out from a mile away.