Chapter 25 - Izzy

Start from the beginning

Now to just make sure it doesn't happen again.

***

I'm on my bed, a notebook on my lap, scribbling design ideas in it for an assignment we have to do for next week. We have to use odd shapes in a piece of clothing but still make it wearable.

Over my headset, the notification for the voice call comes through, and I connect the call with Elliot. When I came home today, he'd been at Mya's place so I couldn't talk to him, but now we're both at home.

"Hey." His voice is low, giving me good shivers in my body. "What are you doing?"

"Designing. You?" I smile, putting the notebook aside and instead making myself comfortable on the bed.

"Making sure I don't miss out on my homework for tomorrow." Then he's quiet for a few moments. I'm about to say something, when his quiet voice reaches me. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." Tears spring to my eyes and I wipe them away, not wanting to cry. How did I get used to having him with me so fast?

"We're going to have to come up with a better system." He lets out a sigh.

"Like what?" In the last couple of days, with the stress putting so much pressure on my brain, my head has been doing not-good things, like wondering if this thing with Elliot is maybe just not meant to be.

"Calling each other more?" We already do that, we talk every evening, and most mornings too.

"If we'd call more, we're going to have to call during our sleep." I smile a little, but I don't feel like we can come up with a solution soon.

"True. And, although you snore really cutely, it's not going to be very effective."

"I don't snore." I glare into nothingness.

"I said cutely?"

"Still no." I take a deep breath. "Maybe I can come to your place this weekend?"

"Are you sure? Don't you have like... work to do?"

"I just have to make sure I leave on time on Sunday. It should work, right?" I want to see him so badly.

"I think it should. I don't see why not. And you get to meet my parents."

Uh-oh. "Yay?" I don't know what to think of that, I'd forgotten about that, I'd somehow forgotten about Elliot also still living at home. I'm not sure why, but I had...

Elliot laughs. "It will be fine. They'll be good, I promise."

"Good?"

"I'll try to get them not to make stupid bad jokes. Stuff like that." He's laughing now and I smile too, relaxing a little.

"Do your parents know, about me?"

"About what? You being my girlfriend?" Although, the tone of his voice tells me that he knows what I mean. "No, they don't know yet, and I don't see why they'd have to. Maybe if it ever comes up, but it's not really something they have to know. Like they don't have to know if or if you haven't had boyfriends or girlfriends before. I don't think they have to know about you being trans. But if you think I should tell them?"

"I don't know." I think for a moment and Elliot stays quiet too. "If they knew, would they react weird?"

"They may act a little ignorant. It's something they don't know too much about yet. They're still trying to get their head around me crossdressing. But I don't think they would react weirdly or badly." I like how honest he is, instead of trying to simply comfort me. "You can tell them, or not tell them. I can tell them, or not. You're my girlfriend, you're not a drug addict or whatever else they may need to know about upfront. So, I don't see an immediate reason to tell them. If you're comfortable with that."