forty-one

[ third pov ]

"t-taeyong?" jaehyun breathed out in disbelief. johnny stood behind the older as they both entered the room. haechan almost stopped breathing as he watched the two stand beside him. his mouth opened to say something but he stopped when johnny placed a finger over his lips.

"regarding this contract," taeyong started as he picked it up from the table. he quickly scanned through it and tossed it behind him. "we never said they were on sale."

hansol jumped from his seat and harshly grabbed the collar of taeyong's shirt. "the last time i heard about you, you were dead!" he muttered through his clenched teeth. jaehyun was clearly just as puzzled as his boss and his pale expression definitely showed it.

"i ain't a weak bitch like you." taeyong muttered back as hansol pushed him away. he let out a loud frustrated groan as he swung his cane over his desk, smashing every thing to the floor. he directed it in front of johnny, pushing the end of the metal stick into his chest.

"you sneaky little bastard. you knew he was alive all along. don't you feel bad for lying to your teammates?"

flashback

taeyong was unconscious on the dining room floor, he was losing a lot of blood. his body was fighting to survive and soon his eyes slowly opened. he let out a painful groan as he reached up to feel the stinging area. it was stained with dry blood.

"ugh, fucking bastards." taeyong swore as he pushed himself off from the ground. he looked around and saw no one except. he stumbled to his feet with a hand against his head, limping to search around the house.

as he searched, he made a stop at the washroom to clean himself up. the blood on his head had dried up and the water was pure red. he swore if he ever saw jaehyun and his rats again, he was going to kill their asses. he quickly wrapped a bandage around his head and left
to go back to the front.

there was glass all over the floor and the furniture was scattered around. while walking, he began picking up a lingering smell of sleeping gas. "so they did it." he mumbled.

it hasn't been long since they left and taeyong knew he didn't have much time. using most of his remaining strength, he reached for his phone and sent a text to the one person who could help him.

(416) 092: meet @ old villa.

(516) 748: got it.

《》

after taeyong managed to drive with a minor concussion, he finally arrived at a small building alongside a quiet road. he reached under the doormat and grabbed the spare key, unlocking the door. behind the rusty door revealed a small living room.

it was exactly like he remembered. he shut the door and turned on the lights. "jesus, my head hurts like hell." he complained as he dropped on top of the couch. dust flew off, creating a small cloud. this place had been left untouched for years.

his eyes slowly drifted off and he fell asleep. hours passed and the sun had already went down. the clock struck midnight and he was still asleep. a couple hours passed again and the door finally opened.

footsteps tiptoed and stopped beside the sleeping boy. "hey, wake up. i'm here." a voice called out. taeyong turned and slightly opened his eyes.

"god?" he mumbled between his dry lips. the figure let out a sarcastic chuckle before becoming serious again. "no, it's johnny."

taeyong smiled before sitting up from his laying position. "i honestly thought you were dead." johnny snickered feeling all the feelings of grief leave his body. they only had a few minutes to leave the building and he managed to catch a glimpse of taeyong's unconscious body on the floor. he wanted to run to get him but he knew that would risk everyone else's lives.

"well, surprise?" taeyong shrugged before getting up and walking towards the door. "we need to go to hansol. he'll be starting his plan any moment now and we need to stop it." the taller agreed and they both left the house.

end of flashback

"and why would i feel bad?" johnny mocked back. the tension grew in the room and it was becoming suffocating. "kill them, now!" hansol shouted as jaehyun lifted his gun to fire. but the moment he did, a bullet flew into his leg.

they all turned to the door. renjun and mark stood at the doorway with guns in their hands. they've came to save haechan.