sixteen

[ third pov ]

the gun fell to the floor. haechan looked down to his feet, seeing a puddle of blood form around the lifeless man. it was so silent, nothing could be heard; it didn't even feel like his heart was beating.

"i just killed someone." haechan breathed out in disbelief as he fell on his knees. mark looked at the man and back up at haechan. he knew it would have happened eventually, for fucksake his dad was the boss of a mafia group.

"haechan, get up." mark stumbled onto his feet; the glass crunched underneath his feet as he limped over to the younger. haechan wouldn't budge, all he did was stare at his hands.

"we need to leave! do you understand? now get up!" mark hissed as he held his wound. it wasn't bleeding too much, but it hurt like a little bitch. mark forced haechan up by the neck and pushed him out of the house.

as quickly as possible, he pushed haechan inside the car as he entered the driving seat. without even looking back, mark drove off at a fast pace, which wasn't difficult because it was almost 4am and there was no traffic.

once they got a safe distance away from the crime scene, mark slowed down and took the time to examine haechan. he was in distress, chewing on his brittle fingernails.

"stop, you're fucking bleeding!" mark scolded, pulling the younger's hand away from his mouth. that's when it started. haechan leaned his head against the headrest as tears slipped down his face.

"i fucking killed him, mark. he might've had a family, a home to go back to and i just ended it-"

"he would've ended both of our lives if you didn't shoot! do you understand? this isn't the life you had before, people are coming to kill your ass!" mark snapped, completely ignoring the fact that haechan never killed anyone before like he had.

that last part seemed to have shut him up because he was quiet for the rest of ride back. mark clutched onto the wheel with one hand while the other compressed his cut. the only thing on his mind was a single question.

who sent that man?