nineteen

[ third pov ]

the horrid sight almost made all the men in the room throw up. attached to a large present was the man who they sent to get haechan. he was dressed in a nice suit with a note attached to his face.

"hope you like the present :)"

love, your favorite people
p.s next time, send someone who can fucking act.

a man with a large cane stepped forward from the crowd. anyone could easily tell that he was the boss. his hair was slicked back and he had a little limp to his walk. he ripped the note off and crumpled it up, burning it with a lighter.

"it's them." he scowled as he gritted his teeth together. with one big swing of his cane, he destroyed the box, revealing a big dynamite. it was counting down with only a couple more minutes remaining.

"son of a bitch! get this shit out of here!" he shouted loudly as many people scattered to get rid of the bomb. he turned to one of the men beside him and gave him an order.

"burn him." he lousily gestured to the lifeless body as he limped back to his office. he slammed the door, making the walls shake around him. putting a cigar in his mouth, he leaned back and stared at a picture that hung across from him.

the man lightly caressed the outline of the portrait before shattering the glass frame with his bare fist.

"i'm going to get you myself."

•••

lucas and mark sat in the dining room together, catching up on things. it's been almost a year since they've seen each other and it was nice being able to talk.

"so, you found his son?" he asked with a hint of shock in his voice. they've been looking for haechan for years after their boss passed away. that was even the objective of lucas's 'business trip'.

mark nodded with a glint of sadness in his eyes. he realized how much that he traumatized haechan, but it was for their own good. they would've been killed.

"you like him?" lucas asked with a slight smirk as mark immediately choked on his own spit. the blonde boy laughed at his reaction before lightly patting the other's back.

"n-no, i don't." mark stuttered, obviously flustered with the sudden accusation. he grabbed onto his chest, lightly hitting it because it was getting hard to breathe. he felt his pulse slightly quicken and began taking deep breaths to calm himself down.

"mhmm, then why are you so bothered by it?" lucas asked again, grinning at his own victory. it was so obvious, mark never cared that much for someone's feelings, except for jisung.

"blame the injury." mark huffed, finally being able to breathe again. he drank some water and leaned back in his seat. there's no way he likes haechan, absolutely no way.