twenty-two

[ third pov ]

the hug lasted for a good 30 seconds but mark felt like it lasted for an eternity. they let go of each other as haechan smiled, he tugged on marks sleeve and dragged him downstairs to the dining room.

"jeno made pancakes." haechan jumped up in excitement. he was in a good mood today after talking with jaemin last night. somehow his positive energy spread to him. mark lightly chuckled at the younger's cute behaviour but quickly stopped once he saw lucas grin at him.

"morning, mark." lucas cooed as he sent him a wink. mark threatened to kill him with a deadly glare but he didn't stop. he glanced at mark and then haechan with a smug grin. he got up from his seat and walked over to the latter.

"so, you're lee haechan?" the older asked, pulling off his signature eyebrow move. it was obvious that the younger was feeling uncomfortable as he complemented on what to do next.

"yes and you are...?"

"wong yukhei, but call me lucas." he smiled as he slightly brushed his hand over haechan's shoulder. the younger moved away as lucas lightly chuckled. mark was burning holes on the back of his head with his glaring.

"sit down and eat, will you?" jeno complained, adding in the fact that the pancakes were getting cold. lucas went back to his seat, offering the empty chair beside him to haechan. the younger hesitated between sitting beside mark or lucas but both of them were too busy staring each other down to notice.

giving up, he decided to sit beside jaemin instead. the two boys exchanged a small good morning before eating their breakfast. it was all peaceful until a loud bang startled them all.

taeyong stormed into the dining room and slammed his suitcase on the table. he looked furious and it was obvious that he wasn't in a good mood. his assistant came running in after him but she was quickly dismissed by the older.  

"what's wrong hyung?" mark asked in a concerned manner. he hasn't seen taeyong in so much distress. taeyong sighed as he pushed his hair back. everyone waited for him to give a response.

haechan gulped down the remaining pieces of food in his mouth as taeyong set his gaze on him. 

"they're coming." he sighed; jaemin frowned. "who's coming?" the older rested his hands on his hips as he answered the question.

"johnny's men."

//: hi, sorry if this chapter looks weird, i updated on my laptop because my phone sucks.