twenty-nine

[ third pov ]

once haechan calmed down, mark led him down a long stairway leading to a small room. mark swung the door open, revealing a set of computers. jeno snapped his head towards the entrance with a frown. "haechan? i thought mark told you to stay with jaemin."

"h-he's injured. he told me to find mark." haechan interrupted, feeling shivers run down his spine from the sudden realization of what had happened. jeno immediately turned his attention away from the computer and focused it on haechan.

"jaemin's hurt? where is he?" he whispered in a worried tone. haechan told jeno where jaemin was and he quickly ran to save his friend. mark took a deep breath before shutting the door and continuing jeno's work on the computers.

"what are you doing? shouldn't we be out there fighting?" haechan asked as mark shook his head.

"it's too dangerous right now. don't worry this place is huge, it's going to take some time for those bastards to find us. i'm putting the house in lockdown mode. in exactly 5 minutes, all doors will automatically lock and sleeping gas will be released in the hallways. everyone knows the procedure so it should be fine."

"what about the new people? what are they going to do?" he asked again as the older dug out a couple of gas masks from the desk.

"they'll manage." mark shrugged as he handed haechan a mask and a gun. he stared at it, thinking back to the last time he held one. it gave him bad thoughts and his stomach turned at the flashing images.

mark noticed the slight panic on haechan's face as he placed a hand on his cheek. he lifted his face up to match his and gave a reassuring nod.

"don't hesitate and shoot when you have to, okay?"

haechan nodded and slipped the mask on. the two quickly went out of the room and headed towards the stairs.