Preview On One Of The Upcoming Chapters

Qing Point Of View

Splash!

I was woken up by the cold water throw harshly at me.

I cannot see who did it since I have a blindfold.

How can it happen?

How are my kids?

They should not be involved in this.

They are my innocent loved ones.

This guy really does his job well.

I thought we already cornered him but he beat us on our own trap.

The Empress Dowager is right I need to be careful on him since he doesn't mean any harm to anyone except me.

I am his target and he used my children to catch me.

I heard a door opening.

And I feel based on the footsteps two people coming in.

Then my blindfold has been removed on me.

I was surprised at what I see.

Insect! 

This insect plan it all?

How could he do it if he is from another Kingdom?

It couldn't be since I tightened all my guards and I am pretty sure there is no hole in our warriors.

Seems I am wrong.

He removes the piece of clothing in my mouth and before I could question him he beat me to it.

"I don't have any involvement in any of this so you can close your mouth shut. If you are asking why I am here that is to convince the guy on my back to stop this nonsense." The Insect said but because he is too near to where I sit the guy he was talking about was fully covered by him.

My hands are tied on the chair I was sitting on so I can not move him out of my line sight.

"If you are here to stop him why I am here," I ask him.

"The same reason you could not stop him either." He moves his body to the right to reveal the person we are talking.

"You!" I shout at him. "How could you do this to me and to Mu Lan. I trusted you and my wife trusted you with his life. How could you do this with our family?" My voice is getting louder now.

This man, I treated him as my own brother how could he do it to us.

"You don't deserve Mu Lan. He is the perfect wife of every man's dream." He shouted back veins on his forehead and neck that seems to blow one more shout from him. "How could you hurt a person like him? He doesn't deserve all the bruises and pain you gave to him. I will never forget that and I will make you pay for that." He said closing his eyes to control the anger.