Chapter 40 - The Hidden Enemy

After three years...

Fa Mu Lan Point Of View

My husband is frowning at me while I am busy studying the different paper reports inside his study. 

For the past three years, I always make sure helping him to his palace duties.

With three children growing fast under my care, the Public Hospital where I work, and a demanding husband in both of my hands sometimes I can not explain how I do all of it.

Qing becomes more demanding of my time now. At the age of thirty-eight, you will think he is a matured father and will act like an old man but no, the older he gets the younger he is acting. 

Most of the time he will act like a child who wants a candy then if he will not get it he will throw a tantrum. He even fought for attention from his children. 

This side of him will only be seen in front of his family. 

I am always amazed by how he acts in front of his people. He was always the cruel and very serious Emperor that one wrong move he will be pissed off and will sentence you to death. 

With all the harsh and cruel punishments he verdict to all his enemies the Ministers and people working under him was now in fear of him. They are like always walking on thin ice if they are deliberating to their palace meeting.

Sometimes I feel they are glad I am often attending the palace meeting now because of the cruel Emperor soften with my presence and the Ministers can discuss some issues without fear of the Emperor bursting out in anger.

Because of what happened to Wang Zhou in the past the Ministers keeps on reminding Qing to have a spare heir. Spare heir means he needs to have the second prince. It also means he needs to marry again and have a Royal Consort.