Chapter 6 - The Acceptance

Fa Mu Lan Point Of View

"And that is for you to marry Crown Prince Xian Qing, Fa Mu Lan"

Everyone stops breathing for at least one minute. No one is talking even make any sound.

I feel my body ran of blood, I can't believe what I heard. "Fùqīn (Father) Do I heard you right? The late emperor wanted to marry me to the Crown Prince?" my heart is beating fast. "Why does he wants me to marry his son? Does the Emperor know about me being a man? Did you agree with this situation?" I ask continuously.

"My daughter I know this is too much for you. Believed me your Fùqīn (Father) does his best to not agree on this matter but a dying decree from the late Emperor is so powerful even the Empress ant the Crown Prince can't stop it." My father regretfully said, "I even expose your true identity to them but the Empress is consistent and firmed about it."

"How about the Crown Prince my father?" Fa Jun Lan but in.

"He himself agreed to it." My father answered.

My mother stands up from his seat and hugs me. "My dear what will happen to Fa Mu Lan if he refuses the decree?" my mother can't believe what is happening.

"The decree is like a law to our land, it is to follow. Death would be the result if someone refused it." worriedly answered by my father "the whole family will suffer together with the servants and guards"

I look to all the people in the room, worried faces, you will be seeing them. I don't know what to think anymore, what is the real purpose of the decree and why of all people the Emperor chose me? I am a man. I know I grew up and raised as a Lady of the house but even now I don't see myself marrying another man, all along I see myself getting old alone and single. Who will want to marry a male bride? If I am a man, which is I am and ask to marry a male bride I am sure I will not agree also. How about the Prince? How will he see me as a person? Is being dead is better than marrying another man? I know I don't feel attracted to another woman but that is because I have raised as a woman myself and it is weird to like another person with your same gender. But never in my life was I attracted to man also.

"Fùqīn (Father), if I refuse the decree and chose to die, is it a better option than to marry another man?" everyone is looking at me "I know you raised me like a daughter but in real life, I am a man and a man should marry a woman." I slowly said to my father.

"Mu Lan I know it is hard for you to accept everything, I even willing to sacrifice the entire family for you. I don't care if I lose my position as the Prime Minister and lose all our wealth and money if you really want not to marry the Crown Prince" my Fùqīn (Father) is looking directly on to my eyes. I see everyone is agreeing to him, you can see to their eyes that they are ready to support any decision I will make even they will suffer for it also. "But to see you dead, that I cannot agree. I will rather choose to see you marrying another man than bury you. I will die also my daughter." My father is almost crying, I know the idea of me dying makes my father cry but being the Master of the house he cannot let anybody see him cry.

"Mu Lan your Mǔqīn (Mother) will choose to die first than seeing you die. It is our fault we raised you as a Lady of the house. So please let this Mǔqīn (Mother) accept the consequences of our action." My mother is crying now as well as everyone in the dining room. "I will talk to the Empress to kill me for not raising my child properly and not marry you to the Crown Prince."

"My dear"... "Mǔqīn (Mother)"... "Madam" my Father, I, my Brother and everyone in the room all shout outcry.

"Mǔqīn (Mother) I will never let you sacrifice yourself on my behalf, Dà gēgē (Big Brother) told me that you never regret raising me as a daughter and I am happy for that. If marrying the Crown Prince is the only choice I have so the whole family will live peacefully I would do it with all my heart." I tell them with finality in my mind "Fùqīn (Father) please tell the Empress I am ready to marry the Crown Prince."