Chapter 34 - The Mourning Period

Prince Zhen Point of View

It is really hard to see Empress Mu Lan crying, it feels like someone is stabbing your heart repeatedly.

Empress Mu Lan had been kneeling while crying for hours now in front of the grave of on an important person in his life.

He was grieving to the person buried in that grave that very close to his heart and his son.

It's been two months when the event in the western border gate happened.

That sad day in the Kingdom.

Walking near him I assist him to stand up from kneeling.

His children looking at him sadly. They don't like to show their sadness to their mother because it adds sadness to Mu Lan.

They are matured from their age especially Wang Zhou who is always there for his mother to support him.

"Let us go, Empress Mu Lam, I think there will be rain," I inform him and look up the sky to show him the darkening cloud.

 "Why this thing should happen? I dream last night and I feel responsible for this. No one should die." Mu Lan told me with grieving voice.

"Everything happens for a reason, Mu Lan. You just need to understand it." I told him giving a pat on his back to ease the pain.

 He is right why did this need to happen? Everybody needs to live and see life.

I am the one who took care of the funeral and it is hard for me at that time.

Losing someone is very hard to accept.

No one should experience someone died in front of you and that what happened to him that unfaithful day.

Mu Lan tried his best to save that person but his best gone futile because his loved one died under his care.

"Mǔqīn (Mother) don't cry anymore Mu Mei is here with you and I will never leave you" silently said by my niece.

Mu Lan sadly smiled down at her and pick her up.

"That is why I love you so much, Mu Mei. But you need to start your study tomorrow because you are now old enough to learn how to read and write" Mu Lan told her.

Mu Mei pouts her lips but didnt voice out her objection.

She doesn't like to leave her mother side all the time. She is not against on studying but she is always afraid to leave her mother in fear of losing him again.

Mu Lan just shakes his head to form his antics.

"What is your plan now?" I ask the Empress about his thought after all the bad things happened.