Chapter 32 - The Goddess Wife

Fa Mu Lan Point Of View

"Mǔqīn (Mother) where will I put this one? Mu Mei is hungry now Mǔqīn (Mother) what time we will eat?" asks by my little girl who is helping me in the kitchen or office.

Since she is still a kid and we are afraid she will get sick staying in the hospital I let her help in the kitchen with my mother. We are now helping the cooking of porridge since the patients are not that much.

Mu Mei was asking where she can put the clean utensils. She is adorable and everyone in the hospital likes her. I don't like her here but she will make a big fuss if I leave her in the palace but now we are thinking of a way to separate her from me if we are in the hospital.

"Baby girl put it there in the table" I pinpoint the small table that she can reach where we put the clean utensils. "We will eat if your Dà gēgē (Big Brother) comes. Remember we will eat together with Uncle Jun Lan and Uncle Mu Shu?"

"Little Mu Mei eat this one first until you can eat your lunch." My mother is giving her a bowl of porridge that she gladly takes.

"What will you say, Mu Mei?" I ask her.

She sweetly smiles at my mother and says "Thank you, Gran-Gran Liu" 

My mother patted her head and smiles at her as sweetly. "She is such a lovely daughter. I remembered when you were growing up you are like her sweet and lovely." She said with slight tears on her eyes.

"That is why I'm raising her how you raised me Mǔqīn (Mother)" I told her lovingly.

My mother is a very kind and loving person. She was very supportive of what we do and only giving advice when we need to make a decision but never stop us.

She taught what we knew and always remind us of humility. She was always telling us not to look down to anybody and tread every person as equal.

I know that my kids are royals but I wanted them to learn how to treat every as their own class. I wanted them to know that every person is the same and equal.