Chapter 23 - The Plea Of An Angel

Fa Mu Lan Point of View

"Who is your father baby girl?" I ask the little bundle still crying in my arms.

Sobbing he kissed my nose that makes me smile. "My father is Emperor Xian Qing, Mǔqīn (Mother) you forgot father's name?"

Lost for words and nervous that is what I am feeling right now. The Emperor found us and we need to run away. 

He will never get my son from me. 

"Where is your father?" I ask her now panicking.

"I don't know, he said I need to stay with you so you will not run away from us." She is looking around seems like she is looking for someone. Then she looks at me with worried eyes "Mǔqīn (Mother) you will run away from mu Mei again? You don't like Mu Mei?" 

"No no no, why will I run away from you? You are so adorable and sweet little angel." I told her to appease her feelings. Then I frown "Who told you I will run away from you?"

"Imperial Father told me. Please, Mǔqīn (Mother) don't leave me again promise Mu Mei will be a good girl to you." She said clinging to my neck like I will be gone at any moment.

"Baby girl why will I leave a pretty girl like you?" I told her talking like a baby.

"Fùqīn (Father) told me you will leave us again because you are angry to him but if I make myself adorable and pretty you will not run away from us." She said still clinging on me.

That stupid Emperor using an innocent child for his selfish intention. I am mad at him now, how dare him to leave a lovely child on someone's door. What if someone took her? 

"How dare that Emperor" I murmured to myself but it seems the baby on my arms heard it. She looks at me frowning on her cute little face.

"Who are you talking Mǔqīn (Mother)?" she said.

"No one in particular baby girl. Did you finish eating?" I ask when I remember its almost dinner now.

"Not yet Mǔqīn (Mother) but Imperial Father said you are a great cook so I want to eat the food you cook." She said with hopeful eyes.

Looking at her maidservant I ask her "What is your name?"

"Consort Mu Lan my name is Jia. I am taking care of your daughter since she was born'" she said with respect.

"Jia don't call me your consort anymore because I am not." I tell her and when I see she will reason out "Call me Lady Mu Lan if you are not comfortable."

"Yes, Lady Mu Lan" she bowed at me.

"Where is the Emperor exactly? Why are you here with Princess Mu Mei?"I ask her in silence so the baby girl will not hear.