(five)

Harry's POV

The day went as Andrea said; we spent our day at the park. Personally, I wanted to be with Ariana alone, but I don't get everything I want, right? I wanted my brother to be the best man at my wedding, but it's pretty obvious that won't be happening.

We ended up going back to Ariana's hotel after an hour of being with Stefani and Andrea. The whole way there, Ariana was rambling on and on about how she missed Stefani. I love her a lot but, I didn't want her talking about Stefani, and I couldn't tell her because she was the only source of light in my small world.

When we reached the hotel, I ended up taking a long shower before getting back to bed with Ariana. We were both in our sleepwear; her sleepwear consisted of pajama pants and a tank top and my sleepwear consisted of my bare back and black boxers.

I enjoyed the day until Stefani just so happened to waltz into the park when Ariana and I happened to be there. A small world, right?

I tried to drain the thoughts of the events that occurred today out of my mind, but that just caused them to re-appear every time I thought. The aid for this situation, in my opinion, was to stop thinking, and that was harder then I thought it would've been.

Who knew a majority of the average humans life would be spent thinking, instead of speaking and conversing with other people? More people are closed inside their mind with all of their thoughts instead of open about it.

Rolling onto the bed, I slid underneath the covers and laid my head on the pillow, my head immediately sinking in until it made contact with the mattress.

Silently cursing, I grabbed one of Ariana's pillows. Ariana was currently in the bathroom. As soon as I got out, she got in. Surprisingly, it only took her ten minutes.

"Babe, why are you so quite?" her small voice spoke. The bed dipped slightly before she got under the covers once more.

"I just wanted to spend the day with you. Alone." I emphasized the word before looking into dough eyes that had widened slightly before returning back to normal.

"I'm sorry. I should've been with you instead of with Stefani. Especially since James liked her.." She trailed off, noticing I wasn't in the stage of talking about James. Even after a year, I've been in stage one of having a loved one pass. Most people would be at the stage where they could talk about them and not mourn. I, on the other hand, would mourn even when I think about him.

"It's fine. You were her best friend, so I understand."

We went through a silence before she spoke up, again.

"Well, we should go to sleep. We have to go to your house tomorrow morning."

I nodded my head in reply before turning the light off. I wrapped my arms around her petite body before going off into a peaceful slumber.

...

"Hi, Harry!" Mum smiled, waving at me. I was standing on the other side of the street, and I was about to cross the street.

"No, I'll come!"

I smiled weakly, nodding my head. Looking down at the concrete of the sidewalk, I began humming along to a song that had somehow managed to pry it's way into my mind, and sit there.

Looking my up, my mum was lying on the road as limp as a twig on the floor. Blood oozed out of her lip, and her shirt was stained.

I widened my eyes before running to her. Kneeling down next to her, I eyed her.

"M-Mum?" I asked. My hands shakily grabbed her hand to feel a pulse, but I hadn't felt anything. Not even a small thump.

"Mum? Don't joke around with me." I spoke shakily, humor masking the fright in my voice.

I still got no response.

"Help!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I looked around and saw neighbors escape their flats. Their eyes widened when they saw me kneeling next to my mum, her wrist in my hand.

Gemma ran out of the flat after the neighbors, and her hands flew up to her mouth as her eyes dilated. Tears weld up in my eyes as I looked down at my mom. The color drained from my face, as well as Gemma's.

I can't believe it. Our mum was dead.

//a.n//

-A (: