(twenty-two)

Harry's POV

"Dude!" I yelled, smacking Niall's arm in a vicious way.

"Ow!" he yelped, rubbing the area of tension. "What, Harry?"

"I got accepted into Oxford," I exclaimed, jumping on the couch as pure happiness and joy erupted in me.

"What!?"

"Yes!" I screamed, pulling my phone out to call my mum immediately.

As the phone rang, I impatiently tapped my foot on the floor while showing Niall my acceptance letter.

"Mum, I've gotten accepted into Oxford," I said as soon as she had picked the phone up. However, I hadn't been able to comprehend much of what she said because she had been cheering, as well as yelling and screaming. Since I had to tell Stefani, I just hung up.

The great thing had been that Stefani had already arrived at Niall's flat, so I didn't have to wait long.

"This is crazy," Niall mumbled, running his fingers through his hair. I couldn't help but smile at his positive reaction.

"Is Stefani outside?" I asked as soon as Niall's phone chimed, indicating that he'd received a text message.

"Yeah," he said, unlocking his phone to text his lady friend.

I jumped out of my couch, not caring about him and his lady friend, and swung the door open to see Stefani clad in blue skinny jeans, a salmon colored knit sweater, and her boot and crutches. At the sight of her, I'd immediately taken her into a strong embrace.

"Hey, babe," she said, hugging me back as her crutches fell. "Oops," she laughed.

"I got accepted."

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"I got accepted to Oxford."

Stefani's jaw immediately fell to the ground in awe. Her eyes widened and welled up as she gave me a strong embrace. A bit too strong for a crippled girl.

"Why are you tearing up?" I asked, my happiness lowering.

"I'm so proud of you, Harry," she sniffled before continuing and saying, "I know I shouldn't cry, but I love you so much. I think this escalated too fast."

I chuckled into the crook of her neck as I wrapped my arms around her waist before saying, "It did escalate to fast."

She giggled as the words left my mouth before I released her. Picking her crutches up and off the floor, I handed them to her as we walked into Niall's flat.

"Who're you texting, Niall?" Stefani asked, a smirk playing across her lips. "Your girlfriend?"

"Ye-No. My friend."

"I've met her already. Just say your girlfriend, dipshit." I laughed at Stefani. Niall's face turned a deep crimson color before Stefani snatched his phone out of his hand.

"Melissa, hmm?"

"Yeah," he whispered, a smile forming on his face at the mention of her name.