Jellal X Reader | Witch Hunt | Part 2

Mulai dari awal

When I reached the edge of my turf, I sped up my horse into a faster gallop. As always, I managed to arrive at the gates in less than half an hour, just as the first signs of snow started to fall.

I was quickly ushered inside by servants and greeted by the two princesses. Meredy hugged me tightly, whining that she had missed me while Ultear had to pull her away from me. We chatted amongst ourselves for the majority of the short walk to the gardens, catching up with each other.

I was one of the only independent noble ladies who lived so close to the palace. They said that I am very unlike every other lady, which I suppose I pride myself on.

Once we reached the pavilion structure, the two of them sat down in their designated seats while I carefully took the instrument out. The melody of the music spread throughout the entire garden and I could see the expressions on their faces relax.

They call my music enchanting. The best of the best. It's funny how the littlest of things can go unnoticed by the vast majority.

As I finished my song and the princesses were called away, I spotted the familiar figure of Prince Jellal behind one of the pillars.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure to have his Royal unhappy Highness listen to my music?" I asked pleasantly, packing my bow away.

"His Majesty wishes for me to visit your estate. He believes that it may cheer me up,"

"Ah, he wants to set a marriage. Not today, My Prince. Not when you're still hung up over your first love," I told him simply as I swung the case on my back. When I turned, I found him looking away, a familiar far off expression in his eyes. "Ah, my apologies." I found myself quietly apologising.

I'm too soft.

"He has eyes everywhere in the Palace, I'm afraid it isn't that easy, My Lady," his next few words were a whisper that I barely heard.

Perhaps...

An idea suddenly hit me. It was reckless, but perhaps it may just grant them the happily ever after that they both dreamed off.

Although why should they receive that ending when I myself will never receive it?

Because they were not the ones who sinned.

"Very well, let us be off," I smiled quickly, slipping on my travelling cloak.

Jellal was silent the entire time we rode and I, in turn, did not speak a word. Sometimes, grief like this should be left to sort itself out. But then again, other times you need a push in the right direction.

... I have a debt to repay...

The maids started to whisper upon seeing the sight of the Prince, all making sure to keep their distance.

"Milady, if I may have a word?"

"Of course," I answered after seeing that Jellal continued to stay silent.

"You must know very well that the Crown Prince is one of the most dangerous people to have in your Manor, so why--" she asked in a hushed whisper.

"I'm repaying a debt to a friend," I simply smiled. "I want the rest of the country to forget all about [Name] [Surname]. Have them remember her as my sister."

"My Lady, you know very well that..."

"Yes indeed, I understand the price," I answered quietly, looking back at her. "Please have everything set up in the rose garden in 10 minutes."

"Yes, My Lady," She curtsied and left without another protest.

I turned back to Jellal and offered tea in the very room that [Name] should be in. He quietly nodded his head, following after me.