When peter woke up it was his alarm clock. After hitting the snooze button peter got ready for the day. Once he was ready he quickly made his way over to ESU for his classes. First up engineering. As he sat in class, peter was drawing up designs for a new toy. Called it the spider-cycle. Sadly with his current state he couldn't afford the materials to build it. Even after a decade of working. But it never hurt to draw up designs for something like this. When class was over peter ran to his next class biology with dr. Connors. Dr. Connors was a middle aged man in his early fifties, his blond hair cropped to the side, he had on a pair of glasses and wore a lab coat over a plaid shirt, and a pair of slacks. Dr. Connors was a disabled war veteran having lost his right arm at war. Lucky him it never stopped him in life, he's been married for the past 30 years and has a son and daughter all of whom help him in his labs. When peter walked in dr. Connors pulled him off to the side.

"Peter. I was hoping you could help me today in the lab, whenever you can of course." Connors said.

"I'd love to! What's the earliest time?" Peter Asked.

"At about 3 o'clock." Connors said. Peter nodded then took a seat in the classroom.

Time skip

Peter walked to the door of the lab and waited for Connors as peter didn't have a key card yet. Lucky for peter he didn't wait that long as dr. Connors soon came up to him.

"Peter! You know you could have knocked. My family should already be in there." Dr. Connors said.

"Oh... my bad." Peter Said and smiled apologetically.

"It's quite alright. I should have your key card in my lab so get it before you leave." Dr. Connors said. Once inside they were greeted by a young woman with blonde hair that went down to her waist. "Sarah. Meet peter. He'll be my new assistant." Dr. Connors said introducing them.

"Nice to meet you." Peter said shaking Sarah's hand.

"Same." She Said with a smile. She then turned to the side. "Billy! Dad's here!" Sarah Said. They heard a clang in the back and someone cursing. Then out from the back came a young man slightly older then sarah. His blonde hair and blue eyes making him extremely handsome for a guy. But it seemed he was extremely clumsy as he tripped while walking. Lucky him he caught himself.

"Billy watch your step." Dr. Connors said.

"Sorry. So how was your day?" Billy Asked.

"Oh it was wonderful. Now come along billy you and mr. Parker here are going to help me." Connors said. Billy smiled at peter and they shook hands. They then began to walk.

"Oh dad!" Sarah said catching her dad's attention. "Mom went out grab more food for the lizards. She said she won't be back for a while." She Said.

"Thank you." Connors said with a smile. They then went into an office. Inside was a bunch of tanks containing lizards of all species. "Ok now. You two will be helping me in my pet project. Both of you should know what that is." Connors Asked.

"A CRISPR That allows someone to gain the limb regenerative ability of most lizards." Peter Said.

"Very Good mr. Parker. You read the packet I gave you after our interview." Connors said. Peter smiled. "Now then. What we're gonna do today is review my work. As I have finally finished my research and it's always good to have an fresh set of eyes look my research over for anything I might have missed. And if everything works out we should move on to animal experimentation tomorrow." Connors said. He brought out several notebooks and handed one to both Peter and Billy. The one peter got talked about the equations and formulas dr. Connors used to get the gene sequence from the lizards. It seemed he had taken the genes for the limb regeneration from an aquatic salamander, the axoxtl. He also mixed in a few lizard, iguana, and gecko genes in as those lizard could regenerate their tails. Peter looked at the equation dr. Connors used. It was wrong. The amount of DNA he used from each of the specimens was off. While one part had too much another had too little.

"Dr. Connors." Peter Said getting Connors attention. "Your equation for the genes and the necessary amounts required are off." Peter Said. Confused dr. Connors looked at the equation peter saw and frowned. His son looked at it too.

"I don't see a problem." Billy said confused. Peter then began to write a new equation while he talked, explaining the flaws in dr. Connors equation. When he was done writing he handed dr. Connors a new equation. When dr. Connors saw it, his eyes nearly came out of their sockets.

"Peter! Where did you get this equation?!" He asked. "This will get rid of years of research!" Connors said. Billy saw the new equation then looked at peter with a new found respect.

"This is amazing!" Billy Said. Peter smiled.

"With this it will simply be a matter of few years before we reach human experimentation! Before it would have been decades!" Connors said in joy. "Peter my boy your a genius!" Dr. Connors said. The next few hours was spent looking everything over and double checking everything from the equipment and lab rats to the equations and research. Once everything was ready dr. Connors smiled happily. "Tomorrow we start the real project!" Connors said patting peter on the back. "Oh and here's your key card. Use the lab whenever you want but make sure to log in your hours. I'm gonna go celebrate. It's wonderful to have you on the team peter." Connors said. With that peter was left alone smiling while looking at his new key card. Afterwards he spent the rest of the day patrolling the city as Spider-Man.