Chapter 6: The Road Ahead

You

In the morning that followed, I left without so much as a word. Everyone was still sound asleep, having drunken too much. As I left I was greeted by Laura, but she only gave me a cup of coffee and nodded goodbye. The girl looked too innocent to be in this, but I am in no place to tell her otherwise. Walking along the path that was far from the Darkrose Sanctuary, towards the Blackstone Hills.

I had decided to head to Claw Island. The place itself was a shithole, but it was good for if you wanted to have fun or even start over. In the four years since my Father's passing, I travelled out of Ubinia for three of those years. I went to some interesting places, to put it mildly. A grassy open area called Scotland, a giant empire called Rome, and a massive dynasty to the East called China. Having returned only last year, my legend had already arrived home.

Because of it, I started taking off jobs, a little bit of mercenary work here, assassinations there, typical stuff. But none of this mattered now, I had to get to the island. Thankfully there was a port, and a Viking ship that was hauling its stolen goods. After eavesdropping in on the crew, I caught word that they were heading to the island. Seeing this as a chance of opportunity, I secretly boarded.

While hiding out in the cargo hold, I made a pretty bad mistake. Rummaging a crate for some food, I heard the sound of steel clashing behind me. Turning around, I was met with the crew and a very annoyed looking captain.

"Look at what we have here boys. A stinking Samurai! Cut him up! First one to kill him gets his loot!" Their captain shouted and they all charged me. But I was experienced in combat, and no slouch at all. To say that the enemy was experienced would be giving them too much credit.

Slicing off the arm of one and kicking him away, another one tried to hit me in the back with his shield. But I side stepped and swung my blade to the side, leaving a giant gash in his side and causing him to fall down, groaning and screaming in pain. The rest of the crew then converged on me, thinking it was better to attack as one.

Unluckily for them, I have strength against numbers.

Thirteen dead bodies, a blood soaked cargo hold, and injured captain on the ground with soaked pants later, I was bored. Walking over to the cowering and injured captain in the corner, I raised my sword to kill him, but stopped.

"W-what are you waiting for..? Kill me!" He pleaded as he held a bleeding wound on his stomach. He wanted a quick death, but I wouldn't allow it. I didn't do it out of mercy, but because I don't really know how to drive a boat. Grabbing the captain and pulling him upstairs, I drag him to the wheel and grab a bundle of rope. Tying his hands to the wheel securely, I grab a chili soaked bandage from my medical pouch, and wrap it around his wound. The captain screamed in pain as it burned, but at least it would stop the bleeding for now.

"Steer to Claw Island. Get you a doctor if you do it." I whispered coldly to him and he nodded quickly, making sure we were on the course to the island.

"You know kid, you should become a Bounty Hunter. With skills like yours, you could make a lot of money." The captain told me, but I made no reply. However his suggestion did get me thinking. Maybe I could become a Bounty Hunter, but then again, taking a dying man's advice likely isn't the best course of action. I took a seat below deck in the captain's quarters and waited for our journey to come to an end.

Hours Later...

As I sat there thinking about the man's suggestion on becoming a Bounty Hunter, I thought why not give it a shot. I suppose all I needed to do was get a Bounty and find someone who could, "sponsor" me in a sense. Like a high class noble or well known warrior or something. I wasn't looking to become muscle though, I want to be a leader, not a follower. However there was no one for me to lead, so I was stuck with the latter. When we finally docked, I dropped my injured adversary at a clinic and took the ship for my own. Registering it at a boathouse, I wanted to call it something...symbolic. Then, it came to me.