Prologue

^ Your armor and weapon

A/N: The For Honor community is pretty small here on Wattpad, so let me invite some of those who are in it.
Skullking48 ArcanePanzer Eileenvenik  Starbound_sinner bobthrbiscuit WamblyReaper QuantumDrifter BitterSweetAura_

————————————————————

"Every army needs warriors whose specialty is victory. Kensei. Sword saints: the guardians of our people.

Every great ruler since the fall has trained as a sword saint... every one. And they are formidable.

The nodachi was long thought too long, too large for use in real war. They proved them wrong.

Their armor is the strongest of our people... as is their will."
~Ayu, Daimyo Of The Myre

Within the snowy lowlands of Valkenheim, a small village lay. But it was not full of Icelandic settlers and their mighty vikings. No, it was full of Japanese people who were protected by the samurai, more specifically, your clan. Under the leadership of your father Izumi, the Kashikoi clan has kept your home safe and comfortable for decades. You always dreamed of being a great warrior like your parents and trained to be a Kensei at a young age. Now you were 20 years old, and returning to your village from dealing with a few Vikings that sought to bully your people.

You

My horse gently rode along the snow covered path leading up to my home. The snow crunching under his hoof beats as I approached the main gate. When I reached it I looked up to the gate keeper post above.

"Who goes there!" The gatekeeper captain shouted from above. Archers were at his side, ready to fire on any intruder if necessary. Good, they actually listen to my mother when she tells them to always be alert.

"Let me in." Were the only words I said, my voice cold and authoritative. I had little patience for insubordination. But even if I act cold, the men and women in our army were my family. And family is nearly everything.

"Oh! My apologies Y/N-sama! Open the gate, he has returned!" The captain shouted in our native tongue. When the doors finally opened my horse slowly trotted inside and I was met with the inside of Yukitaun. Slowly riding down the street I was greeted by the many citizens of our small city. Meanwhile life was normal, Everyone was going about their business, shops were selling good, restaurants were selling hot meals for the cold winter day. Life was normal.

My family has always been well respected because we keep our people safe. I always believed however, that actions spoke louder than words, so I trained for 4 years to undergo extreme silence, only speaking when necessary. It comes in pretty handy when you really don't feel like talking.

Looking up among the buildings while riding I had finally arrived to my destination, the blacksmith's workshop. I dismounted my horse and walked inside, the cold of the outside replaced by the warmth of the forge's fire. The blacksmith came out from his backroom, cleaning grease onto his apron.