Chapter 12: Quinn

*       *       *

Chapter 12: Quinn

I wake up the next morning feeling oddly refreshed.  I knew I had been crying the night before due to Iain's mercurial mood swings and my confused feelings for him.

Since that time where I thought he was about to kiss me, he's been distant and has avoided me the entire evening.  That took a toll on me because I had been up the rest of the evening pouring my thoughts on my journal, trying desperately not to think about the handsome young man who was asleep downstairs.

I had dreamt that he had entered my room and tucked me into bed.  It's that feeling one gets when they're half awake and half asleep and I was almost certain that I heard him apologize for his behavior.  Perhaps I dreamt it the entire time, I wasn't so sure.  But what I was certain of was that I wasn't sure how to approach him giving the awkwardness last night.

As I descend from the stairs.  I guess Iain spared me the trouble. I find a letter on the dinner table addressed to me written in bold, cursive, obviously masculine handwriting:

Quinn,

Your dad made me run some errands so I had to leave early.  I made you breakfast.  Anton will take you to school.  He's waiting outside so please don't take too long and waste his time.

Iain.

How thoughtful of him, I dismiss the sad feeling gnawing at my nerves thinking that I wasn't going to see him.  With all the confusion, I haven't told him about Neil.  But then I figured I had to earn his brother's trust first before telling him the news.  It could wait till later, I tell myself as I quickly devour the breakfast he's prepared.  I have this feeling Iain isn't keen on domestic skills, but at least he makes a decent egg and bacon omelet. 

Once all is said and done, I take my school bag and go outside and find a man in aviators parked in front of the house......ohmigosh, is that a Bentley Mulsanne? 

  I find myself looking at a tall young man who looked to be in his late twenties, with a shock of black hair, hard Latin features

  I find myself looking at a tall young man who looked to be in his late twenties, with a shock of black hair, hard Latin features...Mexican perhaps?  He's tough and fairly intimidating, but I relax the minute I notice his eyes, they had a kindness about them and looks to be smiling.

"Good morning, Miss Fabray.  I'm Anton." He nods curtly as he opens the back passenger door of the silver luxury car.

"It's Quinn, please." I say. "No need to be formal, mister."

Who the hell is this guy?

Sometimes I don't know Iain well enough to know what he's been up to and who his friends are and what they're like.

Perhaps this could be his way of letting me catch a glimpse of his life.  He isn't very good expressing his feelings verbally, so I guess demonstration will have to do for now.  And at least, maybe I could get some information from this Anton guy.