Chapter 3, Part 3: Iain, present day

I'm brought back again to present day in that awkward moment when Russell introduced us, I knew she recognized me.

I pretend to know nothing and downplayed. If her father found out that I had been in New York, I was pretty certain questions would arise that I might not be able to fully conceal everything about myself.

Luckily, Quinn doesn't give anything away.

I took a few stolen glances at dinner time and noticed that she cut her hair

I took a few stolen glances at dinner time and noticed that she cut her hair. It wasn't that bad, it was still long enough to have my hands run through them. 

The minute I think of that, I start scowling and nearly kicked myself for my own weak urges. 

Don't even get me started because even at this distance, I'm highly aware that she smells like a combination of Green Tea, lemons and jasmines. Her lips are freshly glossed and I can trace a hint of vanilla.

Those elements combined are a very, tantalizing and highly fucking dangerous mix.

I take a step away from her so I don't distract myself further and turn my attention towards her sister, which I instantly regret because she's giving me that admiring 'oh my gosh, you're so hot I could fuck you now' look. 

Look all you want sweetheart, I am not touching you for shit, I smile sardonically. Finally glad that the odd stirring in my groin has ceased. Frannie smells like expensive Bulgarian Rose perfume, and from this distance I can tell that she's put way too much and it instantly turns me off.

Most girls I've been with either smell like roses or expensive musky French perfume, or something with a rose-smelling component. I've also been with women who smelled like cookies which by the way made me feel diabetic.

But to me, Quinn smells clean and relaxing; her scent reminds me of those calming teas Pop used to make as we sat together and played the piano.

I turn my attention towards those expressive green eyes, which look at me as if wondering what the hell I was doing sitting on their table. From this distance, I realize that her eyes are light green with dark green-brown flecks in them, giving them the appearance of hazel, which I had presumed then were the color of her eyes. It's a dangerous combination because I can feel that if she's really riled those sea-foam jewels could turn into stormy amber.